Help panic!! 190 maternity and part time experience

Djwbru

In a panic! 

Had an invite from NSW to apply for 190 state sponsorship. 

I am claiming 10 points for 6.5 years work experience in my skilled profession. But....its just occurred to me. I have had maternity leave in this time and dropped from 37.5 hours a week to 22 hours a week. 

Will this still count?? 

Help, I'm in a right panic now!! 

It only states that my qualification and skills habe been approved as suitable and stated on the certificate that it didn't assess work experience. I was assessed by ANZPAC. 

Do they usually stipulate what constitutes suitable work experience?

Over 20 hours a week counts and maternity still counts as you were still employed. I’m in a similar situation and using an agent who assures me the maternity leave still counts as being employed. We’re in the early stages and just sent skills assessment to our agent. Will be interested to hear how you get on with your application. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/skilled-employment.aspx

Edited by Njrichards25

33 minutes ago, Njrichards25 said:

Over 20 hours a week counts and maternity still counts as you were still employed. I’m in a similar situation and using an agent who assures me the maternity leave still counts as being employed. We’re in the early stages and just sent skills assessment to our agent. Will be interested to hear how you get on with your application. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/skilled-employment.aspx

Oh fab thank you! Now I'm sire I have seen that page previously before I submitted my EOI but haven' seen it since. I had it in my head 20 hours was ok but started to doubt myself. 

Yes I'll let you know how I get on. I have emailed NSW for confirmation as I didn't want to submit points I can't actually claim. Was thinking that I would have to pull my EOI and resubmit it minus the skilled work points. 

My husband isn't keen on using an agent due to the extra cost....its not him doing all the leg work tho! Wish I could persuade him, think it would save a lot of stress on my part. It all seems like such a minefield! 

What visa are you applying for? 

We’re also going to to for 190 with NSW. I’m using an agent as time is limited - I have 5 years experience in the last 10 but have been working less than 20 for the last 4 1/2 so need to get the invitation while the 5 years are still valid. Couldn’t afford to make any mistakes and delay it. How long did it take to get the invite after your EOI?

4 hours ago, Njrichards25 said:

We’re also going to to for 190 with NSW. I’m using an agent as time is limited - I have 5 years experience in the last 10 but have been working less than 20 for the last 4 1/2 so need to get the invitation while the 5 years are still valid. Couldn’t afford to make any mistakes and delay it. How long did it take to get the invite after your EOI?

Not long at all! I submitted my EOI on 23rd Feb and received NSW invite to apply for nomination on 16th March. Was hugely surprised at how quickly they invited me as I only have 60 points (65 with sponsorship). 

I believe they can take upto 12 weeks after I except the invitation to consider my application before I have an actual invite to apply for the 190 visa. 

Fingers crossed you get it sorted it time!