Overall help

Hozza_mh

Hi 

I have just returned from a short holiday in Australia and decided i really want to go back out for a year but i have no idea on the next step?

Am i best just heading out and looking for a job or finding one first? 

i will only have accommodation in NSW for the first month.

i dont want to be back packing and going around Australia, id like to stay in the Gold Coast area.

any advice or help would be AMAZING 

7 minutes ago, Hozza_mh said:

Thanks sorry, i want to be in Kingscliff/coolangatta area really.

do many companies do sponsoring?

If you post more details regarding your qualifications and work experience someone in a similar field may be able to help you. Why that area? Because it's a "cool" area for younger people? That may well be but it doesn't indicate that there will be viable employment, other than on a student or working visa. Post more details of yourself and  others may be able to help.

If you are under 31 and haven't previously had a working holiday visa, then you can obtain one. This is the information on how to apply. It is normally granted very quickly and allows you to live and work in Australia for 12 months. Though you can only stay with one employer for a maximum of 6 months.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/417

• Like 1

If you want to stay in Australia for a year, then a  Working Holiday Visa is the only sensible option.   Apply and it takes only a few days to get approved.

You won't be able to get a job before you arrive, employers don't sponsor for a WHV.

The popular image of someone on a WHV is backpacking around the country, but it doesn't have to be like that.  My niece came out on a WHV and spent the whole year in Sydney, with just a couple of short holidays to see the rest of Australia.  She worked in a restaurant for a couple of months until she found an office job, then worked for that employer for the full six months, then signed up with a temp agency and went back to that employer through the agency (which I'm not sure was entirely legal!). 

• Like 1

Thank you for your helpful reply, do you think there are any better months to come out etc?

so i literally just need a visa a plane ticket, money and hope to find a job simple but scary at the same time :)

after my initial accommodation i think i would be looking at renting a room? do you know if people do this or a idea on cost?  i'm not really up for hostels like i said not taking the backpackers approach.

thanks 

Guest The Pom Queen
28 minutes ago, Hozza_mh said:

Also Aupair work, is this allowed on a working holiday visa? 

Hi @Hozza_mh welcome to the forum and wow what an exciting venture for you. When I was young I headed off to Canada on a similar adventure and never looked back. 

‘Yes you can do Au Pair work on a WHV but you are only permitted to work for the same employer for 6 months. Also being an Au Pair you probably won’t need to rent a room as many are live in positions. 

‘If you fancied working in the outback have a look for governess Jobs there are plenty around, although the cattle stations are isolated and not for everyone. Have a look here http://outbackcareers.com.au/governessnanny/

Keep an eye on Gumtree I have known a couple of backpackers secure jobs as a nanny before they arrive, but you need the visa first.

Also look here, keep an eye on the job vacancies part and also adventures of other people here for a year https://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/34-working-holiday-visas/