UK driving licence

davewa6280

2 hours ago, davewa6280 said:

Has anyone re-newed their UK driving licence when moving back to UK from Aus, I believe your licence is cancelled when you leave the UK

No, it isn't cancelled, it's still there.  You just need to fill in a form and send it off to the DVLA and you'll get it back.

As the others have said, it isn't cancelled.  We've recently gone through this process.  You need to look up on the Royal Mail website and find a post office that can do DVLA applications.  We just went in with our old licenses, passports, proof of our new address (we took our tenancy agreement), the lady in the post office gave us the forms which we filled in, and then we went into a little booth for the photos and to do an electronic signature.  The old licenses were sent off, and within about a week the new ones were in our hands.  I don't know if the process is different if you don't have your old license though. 

The worst part about it, was that we did it the day after we landed back in the UK, so we were both severely jet-lagged, and consequently our driving license photos make us both look like they were made with police mug shots!

10 hours ago, LKC said:

As the others have said, it isn't cancelled....  We just went in with our old licenses,

I didn't have my old licence any more, so I had to fill in a form and post it to the DVLA.   Even though I'd been out of the country for over 30 years, I got my licence no problem.

Archived