Nursing AHPRA help

Jen3103

So sorry if these questions have been asked before I was just wondering if anyone can advise me further 

We have been advised by an agent for me apply to AHPRA first due to some complexities with my qualification (I have a post graduate diploma in nursing which is marked at level 7 whereas degrees are marked at level 6). I am in the process of collecting the evidence for this and then have to wait for the outcome and possibly receive the 'in principle' letter and I would then have to fly over and present to AHPRA.  

Am I correct thinking that I still have to get all my documents certified before sending to AHPRA? With the possibility of not meeting their standards? 

We have been advised due to my qualification to apply for a 189 visa but use my partner as the main applicant as he is a gas fitter and plumber - he currently has 60 points (once completed IELTS) and may possibly get 65 if I can bring points for my qualification. 

I've read somewhere on this forum that because I won't be the main applicant for the visa I won't need a skills assessment with ANMAC, is this correct? 

Also would I still need to complete the academic level on the IELTS or can I just do the general test? 

Sorry for the long post 

4 hours ago, Jen3103 said:

So sorry if these questions have been asked before I was just wondering if anyone can advise me further 

We have been advised by an agent for me apply to AHPRA first due to some complexities with my qualification (I have a post graduate diploma in nursing which is marked at level 7 whereas degrees are marked at level 6). I am in the process of collecting the evidence for this and then have to wait for the outcome and possibly receive the 'in principle' letter and I would then have to fly over and present to AHPRA.  

Am I correct thinking that I still have to get all my documents certified before sending to AHPRA? With the possibility of not meeting their standards? 

We have been advised due to my qualification to apply for a 189 visa but use my partner as the main applicant as he is a gas fitter and plumber - he currently has 60 points (once completed IELTS) and may possibly get 65 if I can bring points for my qualification. 

I've read somewhere on this forum that because I won't be the main applicant for the visa I won't need a skills assessment with ANMAC, is this correct? 

Also would I still need to complete the academic level on the IELTS or can I just do the general test? 

Sorry for the long post 

All documents must be certified before sending to AHPRA from you.

Except those letters sent out directly from nursing board/ authorities/ univerisity.

• 2 weeks later...

Although your husband is the main applicant, if you are claiming point for your profession  ( which will add extra 5 points to your husband application ) you need to go for skill assessment ... If you are not claiming point then you won't need it ... 

Archived