Australia the top destination Brits would like to move to

Cerberus1

9 hours ago, Johndoe said:

"Move along"? Sums it up/your posting style eh?:biglaugh: "Move along now, nothing to see here"........the (freudian) figure of authority and all knowing

23 yrs but that is rather irrelevant as to who gives a realistic impression of Oz, or indeed the UK or pommy migrants to OZ.

We've had people on this forum who've slagged the UK off after only 3 months here  and 2 years later been back in the UK slagging off Oz. We've had people here who have been here 30 yrs, slagged Oz off, moved back to the UK, slagged the UK off, and moved back to OZ. Those very same people are now, once again, slagging off Oz and moving back to the UK...............nothing worse than grumpy old farts be that Aussie or Pommy.

I sincerely hope that the impression that I give, despite my support of (nearly) all things Australian, is that I would never, despite it's faults, deny the country of my birth or the kind of people that I was raised with and left behind.  I hopefully, would give the impression that most fair minded Pommy migrants  would give to this forum and not give the nasty impression that you, and others like you, give as to your place of birth and how OZ is somehow God's Country. Quiet simply, it ain't. It's hard yakka nowadays and unfortunately, older fools with no mortgage and established roots who think that they had it hard, have absolutely no idea how hard it is nowadays for new migrants.........so please.......................don't give me or potential migrants that platitude, "a bit of effort is all that is required" because it just shows how out of touch and how smug your comments are.

I've answered your question, so please answer mine. "Why after all your years here, do you find a need to join this forum?" I haven't read much from you other than flippant one liners with very little that is constructive or helpful. So it seems you haven't come here to help, so why have you come? Merely to slag off potential migrants and bull up Oz? Anything REALLY constructive (and true) to say?

As that the best the forum drunk can come back with? 

17 hours ago, simmo said:

Oh come on.. Its a bit of fun but you can't really take that survey seriously.  Did you read the survey methodology?  

Of course I don't take it seriously it's total crap, he does though bugs the shite out of him when ever any thing remotely nice is said about Australia that's why I knew he would be along soon enough and I find it hilarious xD

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

Of course I don't take it seriously it's total crap, he does though bugs the shite out of him when ever any thing remotely nice is said about Australia that's why I knew he would be along soon enough and I find it hilarious xD

And why would somebody from a third world country be posting about a different country entirely?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1