Partner Visa 309/100 - submitting 888s

laf

I am applying offshore from the UK.  My two witnesses completing the 888 statutory declarations are Australian citizens in Oz.  They are filling paper copies.  Is it possible for them to submit them over there or will I need to get them physically and attach them to my online application?  I've tried phoning the helpline but can't get through.

Edited by laf

2 hours ago, jicms said:

Thanks. I don't think they have scanners but now I know this is acceptable I'll see if they can arrange it. 

A local library card and they should be able to nip in and scan their documents etc and email them direct to you in a PDF file. Most printers/scanners these days are ones that have a keyboard and connection to send this way. I use our libraries here for that sort of thing quite often. 

8 hours ago, rammygirl said:

There are apps for smartphones that mean you can take a picture and turn it into a PDF or jpeg.  Most printers also scan.

I'd be careful doing this, as the quality may not be sufficiently high. Some apps also manipulate the image to improve readability, which may or may not be a problem.

I'd go with the library option, as snifter said. My witnesses did this with no problem.

Thank you.  I've not found out one of my witnesses has access to a scanner so problem solved.  

I've taken many pictures and saved them as PDFs but the key documents have all been colour scanned.

I'm progressing well with my application but getting a bit concerned about the proposed new changes coming in for mandatory provisional visas before the permanent visas.  When changes come in do they usually announce it with a given deadline or does it just happen without notice? 

3 hours ago, laf said:

Will I also need a statutory declaration from a family member e.g. one of my children?  The 888 form seems to be only for Australian Citizens.

Edited by laf

11 hours ago, laf said:

I've found this form which I presume is the correct one, however it is the same as the questions asked in the online application.  I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know if completing this online and attaching my two 888s from Australian Citizens will be sufficient?https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Visasupport/PublishingImages/Trav/Visa/Appl/Partner/stat_dec_sponsor.pdf 

Edited by laf