309 / 100 granted in 23 calendar days (UK)

Dispo

23 hours ago, xmascreek said:

I'd be interested to see if yours has come through now ? Sounds like a similar case to mine and we got it in 4 weeks 

Nothing through at all, spoke with the Agent today and they said  they have seen the application process go up but havent been notified as why. Slightly concerning as its now making the news in Australia that this is an issue. 

Hi Beffers,

No, not a case officer contact just the automated prompt/standard letter on the immi-account. My heart sank this morning when I saw the change to the processing times, it seems the run of quick ones is well and truly over. Account still just says received so I can't see it moving any time soon. Also a little sad that at 21-26 months as the wait stands I'll have to pay for my medical and ACRO again as they'll be well out of date but I suppose that's the risk you run with front loading your application. I'm sure there's thousands in the same boat so to speak.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Beffers said:

I just want to clarify - Was the "immediate prompt for medical" the standard letter that appears in everyone's Immi once you lodge, or was it an email from a Case Officer asking you to book your medical? When you apply online, you get an immediate acknowledgement and also a letter appears in the Immi account explaining about the medical, but this is not the same as receiving an email from a Case Officer asking for the medical (as they will email you normally requesting meds and police checks at the same time)..... 

When a Case Officer takes on your account, the account normally changes from Received to Being Assessed or something like that, then In Progress then Granted. 

Hi Beffers,

No, not a case officer contact just the automated prompt/standard letter on the immi-account. My heart sank this morning when I saw the change to the processing times, it seems the run of quick ones is well and truly over. Account still just says received so I can't see it moving any time soon. Also a little sad that at 21-26 months as the wait stands I'll have to pay for my medical and ACRO again as they'll be well out of date but I suppose that's the risk you run with front loading your application. I'm sure there's thousands in the same boat so to speak.

We applied 1st January and were contacted by the case officer to do medicals and police check at the start of February.  Uploaded them within 2 weeks and since then- silence!

I'm Australian (although I've lived in the UK far longer than Australia) husband is British.  Married 11 years, 2 dual national children,  no issues on medical or police check.  I don't understand why it's taken so long.  When my husband has rung the helpline they are equally perplexed but just say that waiting times can be up to 12 months.  I daren't ring again now in case they say it's 23 months!

Hopefully something will start moving again soon!

41 minutes ago, TimeforHome said:

We applied 1st January and were contacted by the case officer to do medicals and police check at the start of February.  Uploaded them within 2 weeks and since then- silence!

I'm Australian (although I've lived in the UK far longer than Australia) husband is British.  Married 11 years, 2 dual national children,  no issues on medical or police check.  I don't understand why it's taken so long.  When my husband has rung the helpline they are equally perplexed but just say that waiting times can be up to 12 months.  I daren't ring again now in case they say it's 23 months!

Hopefully something will start moving again soon!

I had no idea there was a helpline! What’s the number? So sorry you’re in the dark. It’s hard waiting. I have a very unwell nephew in australia and we desperately want to get out there to help my brother and his wife. According to my agent, immigration are likely to just say that there’s nothing stopping me (as the Aussie) from going with our son (also a dual national) but that my husband would have to wait. I really struggle with the lack of transparency but I’m sure immigration have their reasons for it. Onwards and upwards I guess! Take care. X

1 hour ago, Askem81 said:

I had no idea there was a helpline! What’s the number? So sorry you’re in the dark. It’s hard waiting. I have a very unwell nephew in australia and we desperately want to get out there to help my brother and his wife. According to my agent, immigration are likely to just say that there’s nothing stopping me (as the Aussie) from going with our son (also a dual national) but that my husband would have to wait. I really struggle with the lack of transparency but I’m sure immigration have their reasons for it. Onwards and upwards I guess! Take care. X

It's got to be worth asking though right?  I would.

18 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It's got to be worth asking though right?  I would.

Thanks Jon the Hat. Who to ask though? My agent won’t do it! 

Thanks TimeforHome. (I like your name btw!) I’ll have a look for the number! 

16 minutes ago, TimeforHome said:

I believe it's the global support centre he rings now as the London one had closed. The number is on the High Commission webpage.  I'll look it up later when I'm home again x

On 24 July 2018 at 01:53, GemTrae said:

Hi Beffers,

I always think there's no rhyme or reason to how they work. I really hope they start to triage low risk/safe/concrete applications again. 

Partner 309 – applied offshore via the London Office.

I'm British, husband Australian, married 30 years, two dual nationality children.

Submitted 17.03.18 (status Received)
Sponsorship 17.03.18 (status Submitted)
Medical Completed 21.03.18 (following automated request)
Medical Clearance 24.03.18
ACRO uploaded 01.05.18

At the time my application was submitted many visas were granted in 3-4 weeks even though the processing times stated 11-13 months. They increased to 12-16 months and now stand at 21-26 months. I initially thought the increased times were for new applications but it sounds as if they affect even existing applicants. I haven’t received any communication or been allocated a case officer.

On 25/07/2018 at 13:48, Beffers said:

I always think there's no rhyme or reason to how they work. I really hope they start to triage low risk/safe/concrete applications again. 

I hope so too. We've been together for 4 years, living together for over 3, married for 1. No kids/dependants, hubby is Aussie (from birth) and I've sent plenty of straightforward evidence along with clear medical and ACRO. I honestly don't understand what could possibly be complicated about that!? I get the feeling, especially from Aussie news that it's politics that's holding everything up. I've even heard of a politician bragging that he has slowed down entry. 

• 2 weeks later...

My husband had his 309 granted today. It's taken almost 6 months since we uploaded his medical etc following a request from the case officer. Now we're hoping that the 100 notification follows soon! 

Hopefully this means things are starting to move again in London and others will hear soon too.

44 minutes ago, TimeforHome said:

My husband had his 309 granted today. It's taken almost 6 months since we uploaded his medical etc following a request from the case officer. Now we're hoping that the 100 notification follows soon! 

Hopefully this means things are starting to move again in London and others will hear soon too.

Absolutely wonderful news!! Congratulations! Now it is time for home! All the best! Where are you settling? X

2 hours ago, Askem81 said:

Absolutely wonderful news!! Congratulations! Now it is time for home! All the best! Where are you settling? X

Thanks!

Either Perth or Adelaide probably, maybe Brisbane!   Will depend on where we find work for my husband, I'm a teacher and as far as I ca tell I can register in any state.

11 minutes ago, TimeforHome said:

Thanks!

Either Perth or Adelaide probably, maybe Brisbane!   Will depend on where we find work for my husband, I'm a teacher and as far as I ca tell I can register in any state.

Amazing! We’re going to Adelaide too and I’m also a teacher! X

• 4 weeks later...