Visa 309

Leanne cooper

Hi guys, I have filled out my visa for my move to Australia I was just wandering if it’s best to submit this form first and await them to message me about a health check or do I go ahead and get the health check first?? I have emailed them myself but have heard nothing. So thought I would ask on here. I’m new to this forum so lots of questions might be asked.

Many thanks

Leanne Cooper 

You could also do them in around 6 months time (check processing times again then). Your visa arrival date is based on the expiry date of these two documents, what ever expires first.

You are still risking having to do them again if they have not requested them.

I was advised to wait till asked for them. Ive got my PR too. I haven’t in the entire process come across the visa processing being fast tracked because you’ve had a check taken and it is time limited (ie done before they’ve requested it). I have found the opposite though - once completed and submitted (after they’ve requested it), assuming everything else is in order - the approvals came within 1-2 months

This was last year. But only 820 applications.

The DIBP has advised that during the final quarter of this financial year priority will be given to low-risk applicants and those regarded by DIBP as fully front-end loaded with documentation that immediately satisfies Partner visa criteria.

1 hour ago, Stung said:

This was last year. But only 820 applications.

The DIBP has advised that during the final quarter of this financial year priority will be given to low-risk applicants and those regarded by DIBP as fully front-end loaded with documentation that immediately satisfies Partner visa criteria.

do you have a link to that as it isn't something many of us heard of previously and would be a bizarre idea by the dept

No - I did look for a gov link, that is a cut and paste, from a Registered Migration Agent (a 06 model).

I think you will find it was not a general information release to the general public, but an internal publication that includes Registered Migration Agents on some form of bulletin.

I see there are a few registered agents here, that should be able to confirm it.

P.S. not sure how to put links here anyway.

9 hours ago, Stung said:

Seems to be a competitive site - not sure if allowed - but delete if required.

http://forum.migrationhelp.com.au/showthread.php?p=11613

And page 33 on this.

http://www.iscah.com/wp_files/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/newsletter226.pdf

That post is dated April 2017, therefore would apply to the last quarter of te financial year 2016-7

On 2/13/2018 at 21:47, Leanne cooper said:

Hi guys, I have filled out my visa for my move to Australia I was just wandering if it’s best to submit this form first and await them to message me about a health check or do I go ahead and get the health check first?? I have emailed them myself but have heard nothing. So thought I would ask on here. I’m new to this forum so lots of questions might be asked.

Many thanks

Leanne Cooper 

Wait for them to ask.  If you're in the UK it may not take long before they're in contact with you as they seem to be processing pretty quickly at the moment.

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 01:16, Nemesis said:

That post is dated April 2017, therefore would apply to the last quarter of te financial year 2016-7

"This was last year. But only 820 applications." :- top line of that comment!

As I said "This was last year!

I never even indicated it was for this year - but sorry for brining it to your attention that - front loaded applications at times can be advantages to some.

Not saying to do it or any other thing, just info for some to use at their discretion. I am sure some would risk a few hundred dollars to save a few months, others not.

I will add that it is very important for the immigration section to meet all the planning levels set for each year, and they will change the normal to achieve that.

Hello Everyone, 

I need a bit of Information, I'm a Permanent Resident and had applied for my wife's Spouse Visa (309/100) in Sep 2017.  In December I had applied for my wife's Tourist Visa so that she can come and join me here in Australia until DIAC takes a decision on her 309 (TR) visa. She was granted a Tourist Visa within 3 weeks and she joined me in Jan,2018. Now couple of days ago I received an email from the Department stating that they wish to take a decision on her 309 visa and that she needs to leave the country within 28 days so that they can take a decision on her 309 Partner application as she had applied it from off-shore. 

They have said in their email that "We will check at the end of the 28th day whether the applicant" is outside of the country and in case if she's still not outside of Australia it may adversely effect the outcome of her application.  
Also they have mentioned that they need minimum 5 working days to take a decision and have not mentioned an upper limit.

Now I want to understand that if we book a holiday trip to Bali/some other place for say 7-8 days before the expiry period of the 28 day and notify them that my wife has exited, will they take a decision before expiry of the 28 day period or will they compulsorily wait for the 28 day period and only at the end of the 28 day period take decision. 

We don't want to be stuck in a situation where we have exhausted our holiday in Bali/other destination and they have still not taken a decision. We'll be stuck and she'll be left with no option to stay back or return to India until they take a decision. 

I want to understand that firstly will they take decision before 28 days if my wife leaves the country?
Secondly how much time do they usually take to make a decision if all documentation is complete and finalized and they just need to take a decision.

Any guidance, help will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Ankur Gupta

Mate book your offshore thing to Bali and reply to that email and uploads to your immiaccount the same itinerary.

Remind them via immiaccount in departure lounge and advise them as soon as you check into the hotel in Bali, that you are offshore.

Delay your return if visa not granted (decided), but you should get the decision very soon after landing in Bali.

28 days is not relevant as I think you only needed to reply to them within 28 days of that email being sent - but would need to see that email. 

Edited by Stung