Insuring an engagement ring for travel One way

Bcrich01

Hi,

So after managing to sort out our one way travel insurance I now have the new problem of trying to insure an engagement ring in much the same way.

Our insurance doesn't cover high value items of that amount so I'm abit stumped.

Has anyone got any experience of this?

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Drumbeat, thanks for getting back to me.

I had considered this but as we are moving from Australia to the UK one way I don't seem to qualify for annual policies as it stands.

I have been recommended a few companies but some insurers so will explore those avenues and post if I have any luck.

9 hours ago, Bcrich01 said:

I had considered this but as we are moving from Australia to the UK one way I don't seem to qualify for annual policies as it stands.

I have been recommended a few companies but some insurers so will explore those avenues and post if I have any luck.

Some credit cards include insyrance aslong as you book the flight using that card - worth checking.

3 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Some credit cards include insyrance aslong as you book the flight using that card - worth checking.

Same issue, you need to be returning to UK.  Nationwide kept sending us info about our travel cover but if you read the small print we were not covered as not resident in the UK.

One way insurance is specifically designed for migrants but is woefully inadequate considering you are carrying laptops, cameras, phones and jewellery (which you are advised NOT to ship). I did ask but they don’t really seem to offer much.  Just wear it and be careful!

Oh, that's a shame. Mind you, I did travel a few times with mine uninsured. It was only after we'd been burgled (thank God I was wearing it) that I finally sorted out insurance.

Edited by Drumbeat

• 1 year later...
On 12/02/2018 at 03:16, Bcrich01 said:

Hi,

So after managing to sort out our one way travel insurance I now have the new problem of trying to insure an engagement ring in much the same way.

Our insurance doesn't cover high value items of that amount so I'm abit stumped.

Has anyone got any experience of this?

Cheers,

Ben

Hey Ben,

I know this post is very old now - but did you find anyone that would cover the ring?

I'm looking for the same, and can't find anything except for UK residents.

Thanks