German Student (Secondary Teacher) wants to migrate

Hey there,

I´m happy to have discovered this website and I want to tell you my story. I´m a student in my final year, studying Physical Education and English for Secondary Schools. After my Bachelor I went to Australia on a WHV and I fell in love with the country. So I made the decision to actually apply for a 190 Visa. I think in the end, I would get 65 points and I´m not quite sure if that is enough.

65 Points enough to get invited and furthermore to lodge the visa ? What was the limit in recent years (Or where can I review them) ?

I´m studying Physical Education and English. Do the subjects have an influence on the actual Visa process and are being considered ? Maths or Science are more valuable probably, but to which extend do the subjects play a role ?

Thanks in advance !

4 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

First, have you checked the skills assessment requirements? Is your degree 4 years? What is your points breakdown

Yes, I did. And I fulfill all the criteria. There is for example 45 days of supervised teaching practice, which I completed during my studies. My degree took me 5 years (3 years Bachelor and 2 years Master).

I have 30 points for age, 20 for English proficiency, 15 for my degree = 65 points.

14 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Then in theory yes, but to claim points for English you need to achieve the required score in one of the tests such as ILETS. 65 points will get an invite but it may take some time. 

So it is sure that 65 points will get an invite ? Thats already good to hear.

But what do you mean by it may take some time ? Months or even years ?

I submitted my eoi 16th November 2017 and am waiting for an invite. I am a secondary school teacher with 65 points.  They haven’t invited anyone below 70 points for a few months.  Get your skills assessment done with aitsl first and get some teaching experience in if possible.  Good luck!

21 hours ago, Sjt13 said:

I submitted my eoi 16th November 2017 and am waiting for an invite. I am a secondary school teacher with 65 points.  They haven’t invited anyone below 70 points for a few months.  Get your skills assessment done with aitsl first and get some teaching experience in if possible.  Good luck!

How do you know with the 70 points ? I read that there are limits published online, but couldn´t find a site. Do you have a link maybe ?

6 hours ago, Richard Gregan said:

Did you do Academic IELTS? AITSL require Academic 7.0 for both Reading and Writing; and a score of at least 8.0 for both Speaking and Listening. 

Regards,

Richard

No, not yet. But of course I will need to do it soon. I actually need 8.0 in every category to get my 20 points for English proficiency. And 20 points are part of my calculation for 65 points overall.

On 1/22/2018 at 19:35, GermanTeacher said:

No, not yet. But of course I will need to do it soon. I actually need 8.0 in every category to get my 20 points for English proficiency. And 20 points are part of my calculation for 65 points overall.

Hiya, I hope I'm right in assuming that you are indeed German? Können sie Deutsch sprechen? I lived in Germany for over 2 years and had to learn the language. I'm always amused to have the opportunity to practice my Deutsch :)

Anyway, with regards to English, you need to satisfy both the skills assessing authority and Home Affairs (to claim points). In case your score on your IELTS academic test is just enough to meet AITSL requirement, you could also consider taking IELTS general or PTE with the aim of satisfying the Home Affairs requirement so you can claim 20 points.

In terms of your 65 points calculation. It's difficult to say that surely you'll get an invite. it is rather safe to say you are eligible for a skilled visa. Being eligible doesn't always mean you'll get an invite for sure especially nowadays. Also, applying for 190 visa involves applying for state nomination which, on its own, has an influence on your chances to get an invite.

Edited by RheaMARN1171933

• 2 weeks later...
On 31.1.2018 at 01:21, RheaMARN1171933 said:

Hiya, I hope I'm right in assuming that you are indeed German? Können sie Deutsch sprechen? I lived in Germany for over 2 years and had to learn the language. I'm always amused to have the opportunity to practice my Deutsch :)

Anyway, with regards to English, you need to satisfy both the skills assessing authority and Home Affairs (to claim points). In case your score on your IELTS academic test is just enough to meet AITSL requirement, you could also consider taking IELTS general or PTE with the aim of satisfying the Home Affairs requirement so you can claim 20 points.

In terms of your 65 points calculation. It's difficult to say that surely you'll get an invite. it is rather safe to say you are eligible for a skilled visa. Being eligible doesn't always mean you'll get an invite for sure especially nowadays. Also, applying for 190 visa involves applying for state nomination which, on its own, has an influence on your chances to get an invite.

Hey,

yes that´s correct - I´m German. Geboren und Aufgewachsen in Deutschland ;)

You said it´s not sure to get an invite. Do you know what the points deadline for teachers were to get an invite recently ? Where do I see which points were needed to get an invite ?

Thanks so far :)