My brother is an Australian citizen

GeorgeStobort

The options I know of:

* If applying for a Skilled Migration Points Tested Visa like the 189 and 190s (there are some more I think), you can claim 5 points for having a relative to sponsor you.

* If he is your only close family (ie Parents passed away or are also in Aus) and you do not have any other siblings outside of Aus he can sponsor you for a "Remaining Relative Visa) this is the description:

Those who can apply under the Remaining Relative category are people who are the brother, sister or child (or step relative to the same degree) of a person in Australia who, if they did not migrate to Australia, would otherwise be left on their own overseas.

The current published processing time for remaining relative applications is 50 years.

If you have an eligible relative in ’designated area' you might be eligible for extra points, for a provisional visa, depending on your nominated occupation.

In some cases state/territory nomination is enhanced by having an eligible relative.