Timeline for 489 Skilled Subsequent Entrant

Sreeja

3 minutes ago, Avneet said:

Hi everyone,

How do we get to know a CO is assigned to our case, my immi account shows status as Further Investigation ever since I’ve applied. 

Any tips how it goes?

Thanks

There is no such status as further investigation

1 minute ago, James1008 said:

You need to check through immiaccount ur lawyer might be not sure mate

Hello James, I don’t understand your point here. The lawyer  created the immiaccount for my husband and applied the visa for us, he told us that if anything happens the immigration will contact him directly, not us.

2 minutes ago, James1008 said:

When were you contacted co name what docs requested

I haven’t been contacted by any CO yet, thats why I am asking how do we even get to know the CO was assigned to my case? Does this status changes or we only get to know when CO contact us for further documents?

4 minutes ago, Avneet said:

I haven’t been contacted by any CO yet, thats why I am asking how do we even get to know the CO was assigned to my case? Does this status changes or we only get to know when CO contact us for further documents?

Check your messages in immiaccount

11 minutes ago, Ms Waiting said:

Is Anyone here waiting for the same visa for more than 10 months? Anyone here got tourist visa while waiting for subsequent entrant visa? Please share! Thanks.

I feel you mate. Your case is very disappointing. It shows how the immigration not doing their job properly. (I dont know why it should take about a year for giving a temporary visa while a student visa finalises in matter of a month. pluse charging us 4k. This is really getting funny. Otherside of story is 887 visa which people are waiting  more than a year to get their visa. This is just intentional delay. 

To my knowledge, in this page no one awaited  that long. The longest cas was 9 months. 

some guys here wanted to apply for tourist visa, but dont know what happen if they did or not. 

Please someone that did apply for tourist reply this fellow. 

Edited by P.P

6 minutes ago, P.P said:

I feel you mate. Your case is very disappointing. It shows how the immigration not doing their job properly. (I dont know why it should take about a year for giving a temporary visa while a student visa finalises in matter of a month. pluse charging us 4k. This is really getting funny. Otherside of story is 887 visa which people are waiting  more than a year to get their visa. This is just intentional delay. 

To my knowledge, in this page no one awaited  that long. The longest cas was 9 months. 

some guys here wanted to apply for tourist visa, but dont know what happen if they did or not. 

Please someone that did apply for tourist reply this fellow. 

Thank you so much for your reply.

its really devastating 😞

they just don’t reply your emails, don’t tell you anything other than it’s in process.

22 hours ago, Ms Waiting said:

Hello Everyone, I am new here. I have applied 489 subsequent entrant visa for my husband on 13/06/2018 offshore, It’s been almost 11 months so far, and we haven’t heard anything yet. We emailed and called many times to immigration, but they can’t provide any information other than your visa is still in progress. We are desperately waiting for this long and couldn’t even get an answer. My 489 visa will be expire soon and I haven’t applied 887 yet because my husband is still waiting for his 489 subsequent visa. I would like to know is it possible to apply a tourist visa for my husband at this moment? The lawyer told us it’s only 50/50 chance my husband will get the tourist visa ? Is it true? Or we just keep waiting? Anyone here have similar situation? Or anyone got tourist visa while waiting for 489?

i will be appreciated if anyone can provide some information in regards to our case.

thank you

This is really a frustrating situation, i was thinking of applying for tourist visa, but i will be waiting till July with hope of another visa.

I am not a pro or neither i have experience in these things, but i have read a lot about these things........If you don't have other option and if it is really hard for you guys to be away then you can always apply for visitor visa. but make sure you provide the strong evidence of him getting back after short time. Make a genuine reason saying you guys need to be together for example may be in the occasion of birthday celebration, may be anniversary etc, provide his official leave approval (employment is key factor of his return), His assets, relationship proof genuine, Joint bank accounts, your letter of support, your bank transactions, your payslips, his payslips, his bank details (if applicable) and book some hotel to celebrate that or something like that (may be your agent knows it better), again visitor visa is always 50/50 but it is worth applying, coz it will cost 142 aud and 19 working days. if visa is granted that will be good, if not you have to go to your immi account and tick the previous visa rejected box, and write tourist visa.

also note that if your spouse visa comes before tourist visa, then you have to cancel your tourist visa otherwise your granted tourist visa might be in effect and spouse visa will be cancelled. so these are the things which i know. But i think you will get your visa soon coz generally immigration provides more visa at the end of financial year so lets hope for the best.

and also we may write a letter with all your conditions and your intentions and upload it to the Immi account, may be they will read that and search for your file soon. i dont know, no one knows how the system works inside.

Good Luck

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pradip jung said:

This is really a frustrating situation, i was thinking of applying for tourist visa, but i will be waiting till July with hope of another visa.

I am not a pro or neither i have experience in these things, but i have read a lot about these things........If you don't have other option and if it is really hard for you guys to be away then you can always apply for visitor visa. but make sure you provide the strong evidence of him getting back after short time. Make a genuine reason saying you guys need to be together for example may be in the occasion of birthday celebration, may be anniversary etc, provide his official leave approval (employment is key factor of his return), His assets, relationship proof genuine, Joint bank accounts, your letter of support, your bank transactions, your payslips, his payslips, his bank details (if applicable) and book some hotel to celebrate that or something like that (may be your agent knows it better), again visitor visa is always 50/50 but it is worth applying, coz it will cost 142 aud and 19 working days. if visa is granted that will be good, if not you have to go to your immi account and tick the previous visa rejected box, and write tourist visa.

also note that if your spouse visa comes before tourist visa, then you have to cancel your tourist visa otherwise your granted tourist visa might be in effect and spouse visa will be cancelled. so these are the things which i know. But i think you will get your visa soon coz generally immigration provides more visa at the end of financial year so lets hope for the best.

and also we may write a letter with all your conditions and your intentions and upload it to the Immi account, may be they will read that and search for your file soon. i dont know, no one knows how the system works inside.

Good Luck

Hello Predip, thank you so much for your reply. The only concern we have is what if we got our tourist visa rejected, will it affect our current 489 subsequent entrant visa? We have been waiting so long, we don’t want to risk for tourist visa, that’s why we have been waiting and didn’t apply tourist visa after we submitted our 489 visa. The processing time was 5-6 months when we lodged our visa at that time, then it changed to 7-9 months, then changed to 9-12 months, and now it shows unavailable as the low volume of this type visa on immi website. We think our visa shouldn’t be affected by the new rules or new time frame as we already submitted. But immigration has a different story, they have been changing the processing time, and they say they process visa case by case, so no matter how long they change the processing time, we have to follow that. It’s so unreasonable, but it’s their deal, we can’t do anything.

hope for the best! 

On 25/03/2019 at 22:16, indrasena said:

Good to see this thread jump.

I applied my wife's subsequent visa on Jan 17. (Offshore)

CO contact : Feb 14.

Asked for more evidence of relationship, medicals, PCC, Functional english. (Unfortunately i didnt submit all those first 😞 )

Submitted all those documents : Feb 28

waiting for CO reply / Grant :-s

Immi account says 7-8 months processing time. 

Even i need help regarding this in case any delay  :-s

Hi Avneet. Please submit all the documents at once.

Evidence of relationship - Marriage certificate

affidavit stating that you both are married from your parents and her parents

Joint bills

Joint bank statement

Any travel tickets which has you and your wife's name ( Flight or trains or Hotel bookings)

Call records in pdf format (You can get from service provider if you pay around $60)

Some whatsapp or any chat screenshots.

Facebook status 

Photos of your marriage with relatives or family members included.

These are some documents you can submit. Ideally Marriage certificate should be enough but still they ask more documents.

SO, whatever you have submit everything.

make sure you attach PCC, Medicals before co contact. There is good chance to get direct grant soon.

@indrasena Hey ,mate I am also applying for my wife for 489. DO you have the format of the stat declaration that you both are married from your parents and her parents ? 

If you have can you please send to me oe email me. 

On 30/03/2019 at 11:29, P.P said:

hi all,

just to update you about my case.., 

i have applied for 489 subsequent visa for my partner who is ofshore on 26 Jan 2019 after three weeks later, CO asked for PCC, medical check up and more evidence for relatioship. uploaded all on 15 March 2019. so waiting.. 

do you guys reckon it takes about 7-8 months to be finalised? any cases you knew of  granted visa in shorter period?

Thanks 

P.P

@P.P Hey mate. Do you mind shairng what docs u had uploaded initially before the CO contact and  what docs you provided after the CO contact. What more docs you provided about more evidence for relatioship ? 

On 02/04/2019 at 00:02, santo antony said:

Did you notarize the marriage certificate before uploading it?

@santo antony Hey mate, Do you mind sharing the stat declaration format which you provided. I am also in the same situation got married few months back.  can you please share that stat declaration format in my email