Child in Australia

Alan Radford

Can anyone give me any advice. I have a child that lives in Australia who is 10yrs old now. I lost a leave to remove case from the UK and he has been over there for 5 years. I have been visiting him twice a year since the move was granted. Is there any type of visa I could apply for to live there as it’s not getting any easier for my son.

4 minutes ago, Alan Radford said:

Can anyone give me any advice. I have a child that lives in Australia who is 10yrs old now. I lost a leave to remove case from the UK and he has been over there for 5 years. I have been visiting him twice a year since the move was granted. Is there any type of visa I could apply for to live there as it’s not getting any easier for my son.

Do you have any skills? WHat do you do for a job?

3 minutes ago, Alan Radford said:

5 minutes ago, Alan Radford said:

Yes I am a carpenter. But was wondering what visa to apply for? And if with my son being over there would carry any weight for me?

That's why I asked what your skills is, so people can help you find the right visa. You'll almost certainly have to get a skills visa, if you qualify for one. Just having a child in oz is not enough. A 189 would be the best, if you can get it. 

Depending on your age and things, then an independent skilled visa would be your best option. Have a look at border.gov.au and the 189 visa. 

The process can seem daunting and I would recommend speaking to a good registered migration agent, at least to get you started. Any of the ones who post on here are good. 

But, with some perseverance you could be living in Australia as a permanent resident with unrestricted work rights in the relatively near future.