Emigrating to Secret Harbour Perth

Jademint1

Hi all thank you for taking the time out to look at my comment, we will be emigrating to Perth from UK in August of this year and we're currently looking for great family suburb's to live in for my 3 young children which is close to the beach and affordable. So far we've narrowed it down to a few places and Secret Harbour keeps popping up. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on what it's like for young families here? What is the crime like? Is it safe to walk from the beach to your home? We are an active outdoors family. Any suggestions or insight would be really appreciated. We are going to rent for a couple of months and then buy hopefully near to our rental house so the children wont have to be moved around to much.

Thanks again for reading this thread

Jade x

3 minutes ago, Jademint1 said:

Hi all thank you for taking the time out to look at my comment, we will be emigrating to Perth from UK in August of this year and we're currently looking for great family suberb's to live in for my 3 young children which is close to the beach and affordable. So far we've narrowed it down to a few places and Secret Harbour keeps popping up. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on what it's like for young families here? What is the crime like? Is it safe to walk from the beach to your home? We are an active outdoors family. Any suggestions or insight would be really appreciated. We are going to rent for a couple of months and then buy hopefully near to our rental house so the children wont have to be moved around to much.

Thanks again for reading this thread

Jade x

Sorry mate, it's a secret!

Couldn't resist sorry.

I'm a north of the river person, but there are plenty that live that way, so hopefully one will be along shortly.

It is a funny suburb. A bit marmite - loved by some hated by others. 

When we were moving to WA we had narrowed our preferences down to three suburbs one included SH and was probably our preference. When we arrived, we had two weeks in temp accommodation and spent it going to visit houses. What we realised was that of the three, we didn't like any of them and SH was the one we liked least! 

My advice would be to do something similar to us and get some temp accommodation for a couple of weeks and go and see different areas. There are masses of suburbs in that area / commutable to Rockingham, so go see and get a feel. You will get a vibe pretty much as soon as you see a suburb. One thing to watch for are lots of rubber tyre marks on the roads which is a sign there are lots of hoons (morons who spend the evenings doing burn outs in the cars or racing. Something SH then had a lot of issues with. Though that may have changed. 

Will just add, we ended up in a suburb we had never heard of and loved. 

Thanks for your reply. what suberb did you end up liking?

I will definitely do that temp accommodation sounds a great way to get a feel for all the areas! 

I gues there's only so much research you can do from half way around the world. We need to experience it. 

Thanks again.

Archived