Visa help / advice

Josh kerwin

Hi all, me and my girlfriend are expecting a little one around September time and we are really interested in emigrating to oz, I am a scaffolder but my girlfriend has no qualifications she is currently in a office job. How would we go about sorting visas and finding work? Any information would be appreciated. thank you 

Hi and welcome to the forum. 

I am afraid scaffolder isn't currently on any of the occupation lists eligible for a visa. The lists normally change on the 1st July, though. There is likely to be also a change in March this year. So, I would check the lists at border.gov.au around the end of March and 1st July to see if your occupation has been added. 

Hi Mate. 

Sorry to burst your bubble, but from what I can see, scaffolder is not on any list for eligible visas. This means you cannot obtain a work visa based on your occupation. 

VeryStormy offered a much better reply ;-)

Edited by Samson
hmmm

Just to clarify what others have said:   you can't even apply to migrate to Australia unless you're in a job that's in demand. The Australian government issues lists of jobs that are in demand.  If your job isn't on the list, you can't migrate to Australia. 

If your job isn't on the list, then the only way to migrate is to retrain in a job that IS on the list,  Even if you do that, you've also got to be experienced in that job, which means waiting a few extra years, and then if you're unlucky you'll find that job's been taken off the list just as  you're about to apply.

You could cross your fingers and hope your existing job gets added to the list in future, but I wouldn't be putting your life on hold in the meantime.