I need to come back to Aus on Return Resident Visa 157

Mohsen Iqbal

Hello All 

I hold  Australia Permanent Residence but my 5yr Travel window is expired. I stayed in Australia for a week and I had to come back due to personal reasons. Its been 11 yrs I'm out of Australia, I need to come back now and live there and establish business

How can I come? is RRV 157 suitable. Can I be granted a visa?

Rgds

MI

from Borders and Home office there is a clear category RRV 157, it says I can be eligible. For RRV 157, its for those people who have atleast stayed in AUS for 1 legal day. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/155-?modal=/Visas/supporting/Pages/155/subclass-157-visa.aspx

Are you are MARA Registered Agent?

Edited by Mohsen Iqbal

No, I’m not a MARA registered agent. Even this language suggest you’d don’t meet the criteria: 

If you have been outside Australia for more than three continuous months immediately before you apply, you must have a compelling and compassionate reason for the absence.

You’ve been outside the country for 11 years.. No you can’t sneak in on a tourist visa and pretend you’ve been here the whole time.

• 1 month later...

For grant of 155 visa:

If the applicant has been absent from Australia for a continuous period of more than 5 years it is necessary, in addition to the substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties to Australia, to substantiate compelling reasons for the absence from Australia. 

Some examples of compelling reasons under policy include but are not limited to:

• severe illness or death of an overseas family member
  • applicant or the applicant’s accompanying family members have been receiving complex or lengthy medical treatment preventing travel
  • applicant has been involved in legal proceedings such as sale of property, custody, or contractual obligations and the timing was beyond the applicant’s control;
  • the applicant has been caught up in a natural disaster, political uprising or other similar event preventing them from travel.