superannuation in private practice

aurora

7 hours ago, akiralx said:

They are, but close to a third of employers underpay it or don't pay at all - another national scandal.

In which case they can be reported and subject to legal scrutiny but I quite take the point that there are some charlatans out there trying to avoid their obligations. 

12 hours ago, aurora said:

hello. if you work in private practice (allied health) does the employer still pay Super, or does it depend on the basis on which you are employed? frustrating that job adverts for private sector often don't include pay!

It doesn't matter if you are an employee or a contractor they still have to pay Super. The only exceptions are if you have your own company or are providing a contract for services. Your company is responsible for paying your Super (based on how much it pays you not how much the employer that employs your company pays). A contract for services (unlike a contract of service which is an employment relationship) means the risk of performing (or not performing) the service has been passed to you (hence a business relationship) rather than being paid on an hourly or other time related rate.

Hi aurora, are you asking this question because you are considering an associate type position, where in the UK you would be self employed and responsible for your own National Insurance contributions?

Just wondering as this may apply to me in the future [emoji6]

Best of luck, sorry I couldn't help xx

9 minutes ago, GiveAGirlShoes said:

Hi aurora, are you asking this question because you are considering an associate type position, where in the UK you would be self employed and responsible for your own National Insurance contributions?

Just wondering as this may apply to me in the future emoji6.png

hello, yes pretty much. I work for the NHS in the UK so not familiar with how pp works here, but just wondered how it works in Australia to take into account when considering salaries. I believe we are in the same profession - where are you in the process now?

hello, yes pretty much. I work for the NHS in the UK so not familiar with how pp works here, but just wondered how it works in Australia to take into account when considering salaries. I believe we are in the same profession - where are you in the process now?
Waiting for a call back (before Christmas) to see if wanted down under will take us for a reccie [emoji23][emoji85][emoji848]

Going to get my skills assessment done after Christmas, then depending on whether we get on the show or not, we need to arrange a reccie and make a decision whether we're staying or going (I'm hoping for the latter)

I'm working full time in private practice right now, split between 2 to 3 clinics. It's hard work, long hours and I don't know whether I'm coming or going in all the different locations, but it's all good experience [emoji16]

56 minutes ago, GiveAGirlShoes said:

Just wondering as this may apply to me in the future emoji6.png

oo good luck with wanted down under [emoji3]. when would that be? There seem to be plenty of jobs at the moment, none in the area I am looking at though!
If we get on, UK filming starts mid Jan, and they fly families out mid march to mid June, so fingers crossed xx

The thing that limits me for work is experience, but that will come in time, and it's not something I can speed up [emoji23] xx

Where are you looking?

Archived