Out of time for a Sponsorship

Whitedio

Hey, I am a 24 year old Norwegian.

So my working holiday Visa runs out 1. jan. 2018 and I want to stay longer, I have a plumbing license but the guys iv talked with about sponsorship say they have to ¨try¨ to find another Australian for the job before they can get me. and that apperentlig takes more the a month.

so I am wondering what I can do? can I get a BVB or do I need to have some kind of agreement with a company. 

Is there any way I can go to New Zealand for a weekend and just get a 3 months traveling Visa, and just have that while I wait for the sponsorship to sort itself? 

Thanks heaps :)

You might just have to travel on and wait for them to get a visa for you then return - if they can’t fill the position locally. They don’t take too kindly to people going off for a weekend after their WHV and coming back as a tourist, they, quite rightly, suspect you aren’t a bone fide tourist - once your WHV finishes you’re supposed to head off. Whether you head home or on to another adventure is up to you.  

You may want to stay longer but it doesn’t work like that. If your occupation is on the skills list and you have all the qualifications, when you get home you can apply for a PR visa.

19 hours ago, Whitedio said:

So my working holiday Visa runs out 1. jan. 2018 and I want to stay longer, I have a plumbing license but the guys iv talked with about sponsorship say they have to ¨try¨ to find another Australian for the job before they can get me. and that apperentlig takes more the a month.

Best to obtain professional advice rather than relying on "guys you've talked to."

20 hours ago, Whitedio said:

so I am wondering what I can do? can I get a BVB or do I need to have some kind of agreement with a company. 

A BVB is for travel and not relevant, but no, you cant get a bridging visa until you have applied for another visa.

20 hours ago, Whitedio said:

Is there any way I can go to New Zealand for a weekend and just get a 3 months traveling Visa, and just have that while I wait for the sponsorship to sort itself? 

This would not be recommended and you run the risk of being refused entry on your return.