change in medication

j4y

Hi all,

My husband and I have recently been granted a 190 visa and are planning to make our first entry to Australia in December. I have a heart condition for which I take medication for if and when I need to. I have now decided to take these regularly and will be getting a prescription for months worth from my GP before we make the big move, my question is, would I need to inform DIBP about the change in meds?

Thanks

j4y

Hi both,

Thanks for your reply.

I declared the condition at the medical so that wasn't an issue. It's just that I'm looking to increase the medication which I'm unsure whether I would need to inform DIBP about.

As someone who migrated with a medical condition our agent told us once the visa is granted i did not need notify them of any further medical info or changes. Going off this, i would say No you dont tell them you have changed medication or upped dosage. TBH i would carry prescriptions with your medication when travelling ,they are also useful to show your new Dr as some medication as to be cross matched anyway (different brand etc ).

Cal x

Archived