Visa to join family

Becca2202

Hi - new to this site and after some information as it’s all very confusing. I am a uk citizen however my parents and sister are both Australian citizens. 

I am wanting to relocate my family - myself, husband and daughter. What kind of visa do I apply for and where from as the ones I have found all charge a fortune to apply for a visa and you don’t get it refunded if you don’t get it. 

Any help and advice would be great. Thank you 

Are your parents and sister UK citizens that migrated to Aus and gained citizenship that way? And did you not go on the visa with them? If so and you are an adult with your own family, I doubt there are visa options open to you in terms of family sponsorship.

You are most likely looking at a skilled visa of some sort if you are eligible. Have you a trade or profession either of you that is on the list? These are not cheap and you do need to research options as to which you may be best applying for if able. And perhaps using an agent to help you lodge if need be. 

There may be other visa options but right now I can't think of any. 

3 hours ago, Becca2202 said:

Hi - new to this site and after some information as it’s all very confusing. I am a uk citizen however my parents and sister are both Australian citizens. 

I am wanting to relocate my family - myself, husband and daughter. What kind of visa do I apply for and where from as the ones I have found all charge a fortune to apply for a visa and you don’t get it refunded if you don’t get it. 

Any help and advice would be great. Thank you 

The only place to apply for a visa is through the immigration website, www.border.gov.au Even if you use an agent, only the immigration department can set the rules and charges for the visa, and the fees are non-refundable.

You would almost certainly have to go down the Skills visa route - what do you and your husband do for a living?