Relationship proof - Statuatory declarations?

Guest tombsc

Guest tombsc

Hello,

I have another question, this time about the statuatory declarations to show proof of relationship.

I am applying for a 176 visa, with my fiancee as my defacto partner. We are both British.

On the help pages it says we should include at least 2 statuatory declarations from friends or relatives, and that we should use form 888 - but this form is for if one of us was applying for a spouse/defacto visa - which we are not.

So, do we need to include stat decs? If so, do we just get soem friends to write and sign something, does it need to be witnessed by a solicitor???

I'm confuddled.

Thanks

Tom

Hiya we applied for the skilled 136 and had to do stat decs ,send photos ,invites etc ,we found it easier to write them out and ask our friends to copy adding anything they thought may be of interest ,Gary did one and 2 friends completed the others.We sent old photos,joint bills,joint party invites and a joint mortgage statement ,hope this helps

Cal x

Guest Scamp1976

This is the info I have gathered on statutory declarations ( read whatever you want, it's not really ordered but might help ) :

- Doctor prints

- paspoort stamps from holiday visa's together

- foto's

- statutory declarations from friends and family

- letters from family etc

Don't mention 'boyfriend or girlfriend' but 'partner'

Also declare we were living together as if we were married.

council tax bill

statements of our relationship, ie when we met, how we met, shared interests, how we have supported each other through good and bad time etc, basically make you OH sound great and visa versa.

====

We, Jo Bloggs and Harriet Martha Guinness of Crow’s Nest, Niceplace, Anywhere-upon-Tyne, XX06 XXY do solemnly declare as follows:

I met Harriet on Saturday, 12th August 1999 at Bar One, Newquay, England and that I have been in a de-facto relationship with Harriet (Harry) since May, 2000 to the present (XXXX 2007). You have to state your profession/trade (make sure it’s same as your application!) Include details of the evidence of your life together, how you support each other emotionally & financially… How your relationship has developed & how you expect it to develop… Obviously each of you has to do this, either combined or separately, then end with signature & date lines. This is a legal document...

______________________ ______________________­­­_

Jo Bloggs Harriet Martha Guinness

______________________ ____________________

29th, November 2007 29th November 2007

=========

CERTIFIED COPIES OF: Letters from official bodies to you at the same address; Bills/invoices to you jointly or as individuals at the SAME address; Driver’s License showing Same Address; Electoral Roll entries; Mortgage/rental/loan/insurance agreements naming you both; If kids involved, letters from school/nursery/ Dr’s regarding child showing your joint address; Joint Invitations, Hotel bookings, Vacation details, photos signed & dated on the back… Sworn Statutory Declarations from people that have known you for some years & recognize you as a de facto married couple, only need to be 1 or 2 pages, following this format: DON’T SIGN IT UNTIL THEY GET TO SOLICITOR!!!

=========

We, Mathew James Brown and Juliet Mary Brown, of The Drums, Harlow, Essex, 00XX 00YY, Business Directors of Brown’s Better Builders Ltd., do solemnly declare as follows: That we have known Jo Bloggs since the Year Dot Blab la blaaa and Harriet Martha Guinness, since whenever, & how, etc., Finally

We do solemnly declare that all the information provided is complete and correct in every detail.

We make this solemn declaration by virtue of the Statutory Declaration Act 1835 and subject to penalties provided by that Act for the making of false statements in statutory declarations, conscientiously believing that statements contained in this declaration to be true on every particular.

Signed__________________________

Name

Address

Phone

Email

Declared at _________________________________

Date _______________________________

Signed__________________________

Name

Address

Phone

Email

Declared at __________________________________________

Date _______________________________

==================

Whomever is the Main Applicant do yours first, set the scene, your name, residence, job at time of meeting, how, when, where you met, progression of relationship, when you first moved in together, how you share your lives, hobbies, interests, shared goals & aspirations... Little details of the things that make your partner special to you, be as honest & open as possible; just make sure all dates tie in - that could be the difficult part, but is important - if you have dated documentary evidence try & incorporate those details into your declaration, as obviously that will give your report validity. End your dissertation with your hope for the future...

Then your partner adds his story in the same format, again try & remember to insert FACTS, DATES, PLACES, etc., which will be proved by the doc. evidence you provide to support your declaration. Then insert signature lines parralell to each other with your names typed below, & then date lines under that, obviously you don't sign & date it until you take it to the Solicitor.

============

We are in a similar position in that we have to prove we are in a "continuing relationship" as they put it. I am applying for a subclass 175 visa and we are advised to provide one statutory declaration each from a solicitor where you sign in front of solicitor a statement saying you are in relationship etc and then at least 4 other stat decs from family and friends. Any proof of joint accounts (which we don't have ) but can show money going to and from each others accounts which i think will do. Also bank statements that show same address for at least the last year and any photos with the both of you with family and friends.

============

Guest tombsc

Wow. Lots of info there. Thanks very much.

Getting people to see a solicitor may be a bit of a struggle for us - does it need to be a solicitor or can any professional do it?

Guest Scamp1976

It needs to be a sollicitor or a civil law notary.

I think you can do this quite cheaply. I had some bad luck and had to certify more than 200 copies (!!!) for my ACS application. This cost me 261 Euro's ( ouch ). But I know that he would have done it for a nice bottle of wine if there were only 10 copies.

It only takes him 10 minutes of his time. At 180 euro's per hour, that's only 30 euro's to have it all certified. The problem is that for the declarations, you will need your family and friends to go to the civil law notary also ( or the sollicitor ). Which might be cumbersome.

There's no other way, they're very , very clear. And it's better to include everything they need, because if C/O needs more info , he will put you back under his stack of work, automatically addind 1-2 months per time he needs info. Better add more and not have to provide more info than getting an email stating "more info needed : Application delayed by another 2 months" :D

Guest Scamp1976

Tip : Have a look at official Form 888 also !

We send in both this letter *AND* the form 888 , 6 times from 6 different people. That's 12 declarations ( 6 times 2 formats ). This is our actual letter ( removed the names though ) Hope it helps :

==========

Statutory Declaration of De Facto relationship between 123 and 456

I, blabla , currently employed as ______________ at the following company _________________ which is located in _________________, do solemnly declare as follows:

That I have known 123 since the year 1998 and 456, since the year 2006. I have met 123 through work and have been a good friend of his since 1998. I have been personally introduced to 456 by 123 in the year 2006. 123 told me that he had met 456 during a work visit to the United Kingdom. I declare that as of September 2006, 456 moved to The Netherlands to live together with 123 in a De Facto relationship, in the same way as if they were married. We acknowledge their relationship in the same way as we would a married couple. They live in the same home and go on holidays together. They share their lives emotionally and financially. They have always been together since September 2006.

I do solemnly declare that all the information provided is complete and correct in every detail.

I make this solemn declaration by virtue of the Statutory Declaration Act 1835 and subject to penalties provided by that Act for the making of false statements in statutory declarations, conscientiously believing that statements contained in this declaration to be true on every particular.

Name : blabla

Address : _________________________

Phone : _________________________

Email : _________________________

Declared at Eindhoven

Date __________________________

Signed __________________________

Witnessed by _________________ , civil law notary at the city of ____________ , The Netherlands

Date ___________________________

Signed ___________________________

===========

Guest tombsc
It needs to be a sollicitor or a civil law notary.....

There's no other way, they're very , very clear. And it's better to include everything they need, because if C/O needs more info , he will put you back under his stack of work, automatically addind 1-2 months per time he needs info. Better add more and not have to provide more info than getting an email stating "more info needed : Application delayed by another 2 months" :D

Ok thanks, it will be difficult getting people to a solicitor, especially as some of our declarations will be from people overseas (France, S. Africa) and I'm not sure what their solicitors can do, or how much they'll charge! Perhaps I'll just have to go with the minimum of 2 declarations, that would be simpler.

Why are you a confuddle person?

Because nothing is straightforward, and some peeps say they just used statements (not witnessed), others say they needed proper statutory declarations. It confuses me and muddles my brain. :nah:

Guest Scamp1976

I read somewhere that the absolute minimum you need is 4 statutory declarations. Not sure if it's true, but I'm not taking any chances. I'm paying my friends and family to go to the sollicitors, I write their letters and I make their appointments. They just need to show up and sign it :D

Make sure they scan their passports in color for you by the way, and get them to make a certified copy of their passports while they are at the sollicitor. Then add both the color copy and the certified copy of all their passports.

Wow.. I have statutories coming from S.A. and France also ! :D ( my parents live in south France , and my gf has family in S.A. )

Hello,

I have another question, this time about the statuatory declarations to show proof of relationship.

I am applying for a 176 visa, with my fiancee as my defacto partner. We are both British.

On the help pages it says we should include at least 2 statuatory declarations from friends or relatives, and that we should use form 888 - but this form is for if one of us was applying for a spouse/defacto visa - which we are not.

So, do we need to include stat decs? If so, do we just get soem friends to write and sign something, does it need to be witnessed by a solicitor???

I'm confuddled.

Thanks

Tom

You can go to your local court house and pay a fee 0f 25pounds but you have to book with teh local court it cheaper then a solictors we managed to get get 3 other ppl at the same time for the same price but that was due to local magristror said it was not worth charging us 4 times and it only takes 10 mins they verify who you are and all you have to produces is proff of who you are

Guest tombsc

Wow.. I have statutories coming from S.A. and France also ! :D ( my parents live in south France , and my gf has family in S.A. )

Weird, My gf's parent live in South France, and she has family in SA...

Guest Scamp1976
Weird, My gf's parent live in South France, and she has family in SA...

I figured so. My gf is from south africa, she calls her brother Tom 'Tombs' hence your alias I guess :). South of france is real nice. It's the Australia for people who don't want to live far away from everything else :) We have family all over, some in Canada for instance.

Guest Quentin Wilson
What do you mean ?

Isn't it just somewhat slightly obvious?

Ok thanks, it will be difficult getting people to a solicitor, especially as some of our declarations will be from people overseas (France, S. Africa) and I'm not sure what their solicitors can do, or how much they'll charge! Perhaps I'll just have to go with the minimum of 2 declarations, that would be simpler.

Because nothing is straightforward, and some peeps say they just used statements (not witnessed), others say they needed proper statutory declarations. It confuses me and muddles my brain. :nah:

OK

I read somewhere that the absolute minimum you need is 4 statutory declarations. Not sure if it's true, but I'm not taking any chances. I'm paying my friends and family to go to the sollicitors, I write their letters and I make their appointments. They just need to show up and sign it :D

Make sure they scan their passports in color for you by the way, and get them to make a certified copy of their passports while they are at the sollicitor. Then add both the color copy and the certified copy of all their passports.

Acgtually, minimum is 5.

Guest Quentin Wilson
Is this true? It says a minimum of 2 on the immi website

Huh?:wacko:

I presume you mean the immigration website? Their wrong, its 5. It was for me, anyway.

Guest Quentin Wilson

:realmad:

yep, this website - Department of Immigration and Citizenship - the one you apply from...the guidance notes say "At least two statutory declarations from family or friends.

I guess 5 is safer, but apparenlty not required. We might struggle to get 5.

Perhaps, but I remain dobutful.

Guest Scamp1976

Tombs , I also heard it was more than 2. People send in two , and the C/O always comes back ( and this costs you 2 months delay ) because that's not enough. Providing the bare minimum is very risky at least. I'm providing 6 statutories, and a LOT of other docs. I really, REALLY need to get this Visa quick :)

Guest tombsc

Yeah, based on everyone's advice we are aiming for at least 5, although I don't think all will be witnessed by a solicitor...unfortunately it's just not that easy getting people to take time out of their day to go and do this. We need better friends!!

Hi All, just been reading this thread and its v interesting for me. Does anyone know how long you are supposed to be together (living together) and before living together? Also me and my partner have a child together - I presume this supports the application?

Also... does it help what kind of person you get to do the statements - e.g. a family friend doctor etc?

If anyone can help with this info id be greatful!

Many Thanks!

Guest Scamp1976

Yes it helps to have declarations made by non-family members, but it doesn't matter what his occupation is. Get 6 statutories minimum.

Guest Pete and Lou

Hi

We've just had to do all this for our defacto relationship as we are applying for a 176 visa too. We got stat dec's from both sets of parents, a friend each and one each from ourselves, 6 in total, but we didn't get certified copies of their passports and it's been submitted on line by our agent, do you think this could cause us any problems? Our solicitor charged us £5 for each witnessing of a stat dec and £1 for a certified copy. I too wrote most of ours and then emailed them to the relevant person who made a few amendments printed it and then I paid the solicitor up front and got everyone to go in at their convenience. It was blumming hard work!!! Just to add to your list of things to send in is insurance documents i.e car insurance with both of you as named drivers, I sent letters from the tax credit people as both our names are on that and if you have wills stating each other as beneficeries this would help too. I also sent about 6 copies of bills from as far back as I could go and 6 from this year to show the length of time we've been together, better to have too much than too little. Sometimes I did consider that getting married would have been easier!!

Lou

Guest tombsc

This is who I've managed to get to do stat decs:

My parents (a joint one, does this count as 1 or 2?)

Partner's Step Dad

My Sister

My Godfather

My parent's neighbour

a Friend

Me

My partner

So that's 9 if the joint one counts as 2, and if you include our own...or 6 if not.

Hopefully thats enough. I also found some old photos, postcards, joint bills, council tax etc.

We had our meds yesterday - apparently my blood pressure is very low, but isn't a problem!

Hi All, just been reading this thread and its v interesting for me. Does anyone know how long you are supposed to be together (living together) and before living together? Also me and my partner have a child together - I presume this supports the application?

Also... does it help what kind of person you get to do the statements - e.g. a family friend doctor etc?

If anyone can help with this info id be greatful!

Many Thanks!

You need to evidence at least the 12 months, immediatley prior to the visa application, of solid de-facto evidence OR have exceptional circumstances. Accepted exceptional circumstances would be having a child together although having at least 6 months of evidence of co-habitation also would be helpful. Stat decs from anybody preferably from somebody who has known one of you a long time and the known the partner for at least teh duration of the relationship.

Regards

Archived