Transfering NNEB certificate

Primrose

7 hours ago, Primrose said:

. Due to hubby's job I will gain citizenship within three months.

Are you sure???     I have never heard of citizenship being  affected by the occupation of a spouse.  

The eligibility for citizenship is through having a Permanent Residence visa then satisfying the residency requirement - normally 4 years living in Australia immediately before applying for citizenship.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skani said:

Are you sure???     I have never heard of citizenship being  affected by the occupation of a spouse.  

The eligibility for citizenship is through having a Permanent Residence visa then satisfying the residency requirement - normally 4 years living in Australia immediately before applying for citizenship.

Yes, I was bit puzzled by the citizenship after 3 months due to husband's job too.  Never heard of that before.

• 2 months later...

You need to go to www.acecqa.gov.au. That is the governing body for childcare in Australia, they do the qualification assessments. 

From what I remember, the UK have Lv2s and Lv3s (NNEB being Lv3 and therefore fully qualified). In Australia we have Cert III and Diploma (Diploma being fully qualified). However UK Lv3 gets assessed as a Cert III which comes as a shock to a lot of people. You then have to study the extra units to qualify for a Diploma.

We also have separate qualifications for school work. They're fairly short and easy to get, but I'm not sure if the NNEB would qualify you to work in schools the way it does in the UK. However in 2014 I worked in a school based on my qualification which was an Australian Diploma so maybe you still can.