Receive state invitation during oversea trip, can I lodge 190 application?

Friday.Nov

Hi, everyone.

I want to know that if I apply for a state nomination onshore and receive it during my overseas vacation(offshore).

In this circumstance, can I lodge the 190 visa application offshore? or I need to do it until I back to Australia?

Are there any regulations or case about that? 

Thanks very much for your help.

If I’ve understood correctly, I don’t think it makes a difference. Onshore/offshore is determined by your residency, not where you happen to be at the time of application. Also, as it’s an online application so it’s difficult to establish if it was lodged onshore/offshore. If you’re concerned, you can simply change your IP address with a VPN service and to make you appear wherever you want in the world

1 minute ago, ABG said:

If I’ve understood correctly, I don’t think it makes a difference. Onshore/offshore is determined by your residency, not where you happen to be at the time of application. Also, as it’s an online application so it’s difficult to establish if it was lodged onshore/offshore. If you’re concerned, you can simply change your IP address with a VPN service and to make you appear wherever you want in the world

I think using VPN is not a good idea, cuz they can check your onboard records. And that's not honest, isn't it?

7 hours ago, Friday.Nov said:

I think using VPN is not a good idea, cuz they can check your onboard records. And that's not honest, isn't it?

There's no question in the application about "Where are you now" so DIBP determines whether to issue you a bridging visa or not based on their records of whether you are currently in the country or not (since your passport is scanned whenever you enter or leave the country).  The advantage of applying when you return to Australia is that you get a bridging visa, if you apply while outside the country then you do not.

Hi Guys,

DIBP know if you are in or out of Australia at any time.  You should not try and trick them.  If you submit a SC190 offshore then you will not be granted a bridging visa to remain in Australia.  If you submit the SC190 onshore then you will. 

Without knowing all the details of your case it is generally better to submit in Australia if that is a possibility.

Regards