Shipping pets after quarantine?

SUPERSTARDJ01

47 minutes ago, Mr&MrsB said:

I think if you are shipping your pet with a pet shipping company, if your final destination is Cairns then they will get your pet there to you after quarantine! ?

I'm not sure about this.

Often people seem to arrange a domestic pet shipper or go collect themselves and fly them back to wherever it is they are living or to the nearest big city. 

2 hours ago, Mr&MrsB said:

I think if you are shipping your pet with a pet shipping company, if your final destination is Cairns then they will get your pet there to you after quarantine! ?

No thats not right you need to contact a pet shipper in Oz to do it =we used Jetpets they were really good You can pick them up yourselves as well Think we paid about $260 from Melbourne to Adelaide 

I think you will find Pet Air will ship to Oz and get the animal into Quarantine but from there on in you need to sort an Aussie pet carrier to fly the pet interstate ( Apologies in advance to PetAir if i got that wrong )

Our costs from UK with Golden Arrow covered everything -except for the final flight once Ralphy was out of quarantine

You can have as much or as little of the journey done by us really. If you want the bill all in one place (for simplicity or just the chance to pay in pounds or to claim it back from a new employer etc etc) then Petair UK can arrange the journey from UK to Melbourne and then on to Cairns or other final destination in Australia. We use an agent in Australia and get a discount from them. 

OR

You can arrange the onward journey yourself with a shipper in Australia

OR

You can fly down/drive down and collect teh pets yourself and then head back to your new home.

Really - whatever you prefer can be arranged

:)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BobPetairUK said:

You can have as much or as little of the journey done by us really. If you want the bill all in one place (for simplicity or just the chance to pay in pounds or to claim it back from a new employer etc etc) then Petair UK can arrange the journey from UK to Melbourne and then on to Cairns or other final destination in Australia. We use an agent in Australia and get a discount from them. 

OR

You can arrange the onward journey yourself with a shipper in Australia

OR

You can fly down/drive down and collect teh pets yourself and then head back to your new home.

Really - whatever you prefer can be arranged

:)

Thanks Bob my apologies I was mistaken i thought you only got the pets into Oz and quarantine