register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

SUPERSTARDJ01

Shipping pets after quarantine?

Hi,

With the quarentine station being in Melbourne now, we will be in cairns, how much is it to get them shipped to cairns? Or would be possible to fly pick them up and fly back myself?

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

I think if you are shipping your pet with a pet shipping company, if your final destination is Cairns then they will get your pet there to you after quarantine! 🖒

47 minutes ago, Mr&MrsB said:

I think if you are shipping your pet with a pet shipping company, if your final destination is Cairns then they will get your pet there to you after quarantine! 🖒

I'm not sure about this.

Often people seem to arrange a domestic pet shipper or go collect themselves and fly them back to wherever it is they are living or to the nearest big city. 

2 hours ago, Mr&MrsB said:

No thats not right you need to contact a pet shipper in Oz to do it =we used Jetpets they were really good You can pick them up yourselves as well Think we paid about $260 from Melbourne to Adelaide 

you can do either. We used Petair and they were great

Partner Visa applied 01/12/15, Health check complete 16/12/15, Police check 12/01/16. Granted 26/04/16! moving October

I think you will find Pet Air will ship to Oz and get the animal into Quarantine but from there on in you need to sort an Aussie pet carrier to fly the pet interstate ( Apologies in advance to PetAir if i got that wrong )

Our costs from UK with Golden Arrow covered everything -except for the final flight once Ralphy was out of quarantine

1 hour ago, Mr&MrsB said:

I was lead to believe you could have a door to door service if that was what you required.

Maybe ask Bob at Petair and he can answer yes or no 

I know we had a really good shipper from the UK did everything that side of the pond but this side was our responsibility 

Sorry jumping in here but Bob is a dear friend and yes he does do a door to door service.

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

You can have as much or as little of the journey done by us really. If you want the bill all in one place (for simplicity or just the chance to pay in pounds or to claim it back from a new employer etc etc) then Petair UK can arrange the journey from UK to Melbourne and then on to Cairns or other final destination in Australia. We use an agent in Australia and get a discount from them. 

OR

You can arrange the onward journey yourself with a shipper in Australia

OR

You can fly down/drive down and collect teh pets yourself and then head back to your new home.

Really - whatever you prefer can be arranged

:)

• Like 1

Petair UK - the only pet travel service in Uk to be run by vets. We offer the most comprehensive services to easily and safely transport your pets from UK to Australia

www.petairuk.com

20 hours ago, BobPetairUK said:

You can have as much or as little of the journey done by us really. If you want the bill all in one place (for simplicity or just the chance to pay in pounds or to claim it back from a new employer etc etc) then Petair UK can arrange the journey from UK to Melbourne and then on to Cairns or other final destination in Australia. We use an agent in Australia and get a discount from them. 

OR

You can arrange the onward journey yourself with a shipper in Australia

OR

You can fly down/drive down and collect teh pets yourself and then head back to your new home.

Really - whatever you prefer can be arranged

:)

Thanks Bob my apologies I was mistaken i thought you only got the pets into Oz and quarantine 

No worries. We can do as much or as little as people want.

• Like 1

Petair UK - the only pet travel service in Uk to be run by vets. We offer the most comprehensive services to easily and safely transport your pets from UK to Australia

www.petairuk.com