Help:457 holder end employment after submitting a 190 application

Darren.J

Hi

I‘m a 457 holder,  and I have submitted a 190 visa last week.

I need to travel back to my country for my family next month. And my employer might cease my 457 visa if I leave the job.

Will it have any impact on my 190 visa application?

if I need to stay overseas about 4 months, what should I do?

Hope someone can give me advice, thanks very much!

Edited by Darren.J

Your employer cannot cease your 457.  They can cease your employment and notify DIBP that you've left their employment and after that you have 90 days (or less depending on when you got your 457) to find a new employer and if you don't, then and only then DIBP may cancel your 457.

Your 457 being cancelled for losing your employment will have no impact on your 190 visa however it would result in any bridging visa being cancelled so you wouldn't have a visa to re-enter and remain in Australia until your 190 is granted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

Your employer cannot cease your 457.  They can cease your employment and notify DIBP that you've left their employment and after that you have 90 days (or less depending on when you got your 457) to find a new employer and if you don't, then and only then DIBP may cancel your 457.

Your 457 being cancelled for losing your employment will have no impact on your 190 visa however it would result in any bridging visa being cancelled so you wouldn't have a visa to re-enter and remain in Australia until your 190 is granted.

Thanks very much!

Do you mean that my 457 being cancelled will cause my BVB(not BVA) being cancelled? 

What if  I end my employment first ( also cancel the 457 visa), then it will allow me to apply for a new visa in 90 days. After that, I will apply for 190?

Under this circumstance, will I have a bridging visa?

Will this cause any problem?

Edited by Darren.J

9 hours ago, Darren.J said:

What if  I end my employment first ( also cancel the 457 visa), then it will allow me to apply for a new visa in 90 days. After that, I will apply for 190?

Under this circumstance, will I have a bridging visa?

Will this cause any problem?

If you cancel the 457, you would have no visa to bridge between - you need a visa in place. Also, have you actually applied for the 190 and paid the fee? If so, then repeating this seems very wasteful / expensive. There are likely to be better alternatives and I would suggest you consider speaking to a registered migration agent