Form 80/1221 queries

Evel1184

Hi

Am just preparing these forms ahead of getting an invite and have a few questions so thought I would start a thread on this.

First question....... why do they ask for your personal contacts in Australia?  All i have is a few old friends from the UK who emigrated 10 years ago and I popped into see when I travelled last year.  These are people I know who live in the country - they are not people I will be staying with or seeing on a regular basis.  Any insight from people will be helpful to me decided what I need to detail here.

Second question.... on form 80, they ask for a complete employment history - what extent have other people gone to when completing this part of the form?

Will add more questions on the thread as I fill in the forms.

Thanks in advance for your kind help everyone!

A

7 hours ago, Evel1184 said:

Hi

Am just preparing these forms ahead of getting an invite and have a few questions so thought I would start a thread on this.

First question....... why do they ask for your personal contacts in Australia?  All i have is a few old friends from the UK who emigrated 10 years ago and I popped into see when I travelled last year.  These are people I know who live in the country - they are not people I will be staying with or seeing on a regular basis.  Any insight from people will be helpful to me decided what I need to detail here.

Second question.... on form 80, they ask for a complete employment history - what extent have other people gone to when completing this part of the form?

Will add more questions on the thread as I fill in the forms.

Thanks in advance for your kind help everyone!

A

It is used for character checking, as opposed to verifying the employment etc fr the actual visa. They want those details partly so that the character unit can contact employers/associates if they have concerns about your character. Also so they can see who you mix with - for instance if all your contacts appear on a travel stop list, or major wanted list, and all your jobs are in the weapons industry a few flags might be raised (extreme case I know, but hopefully you get my drift)

It is used for character checking, as opposed to verifying the employment etc fr the actual visa. They want those details partly so that the character unit can contact employers/associates if they have concerns about your character. Also so they can see who you mix with - for instance if all your contacts appear on a travel stop list, or major wanted list, and all your jobs are in the weapons industry a few flags might be raised (extreme case I know, but hopefully you get my drift)

Thanks nemesis. That’s super helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Can anyone shed any light on the following part of the above forum for me?
Many thanks
A

You need to provide your full employment history along with gaps in between (if you have any) there cannot be any gaps between two employment.