187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

19 hours ago, ACT June 2017 said:

Yes I in the same shoes. My nomination was approved 1st November 2018.Ā No request for more information till today 5th December. Nomination Ā and visa lodged june 2017. Medicals and all documents submitted then. Have you heard from them now?

Yes I heard from them after a week of nomination approval.

Ā 

Hi Guys, can you guys help me with this.

Is it compulsory to work under the address that provided in the application?Ā 

My boss have 2 hotel:

1st is the one in the application with address & Abn.

2nd: still belongs to them and under their management. But different areas (20mins from the 1st)Ā and different abnĀ .Ā 

Iā€™m been working with them for 1 year but most of the time iā€™m working in the 2nd one.Ā 

Cause i saw some story in this forum said immi mightĀ send people to the business to check or call in randomly.

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Diemlinh said:

Hi Guys, can you guys help me with this.

Is it compulsory to work under the address that provided in the application?Ā 

My boss have 2 hotel:

1st is the one in the application with address & Abn.

2nd: still belongs to them and under their management. But different areas (20mins from the 1st)Ā and different abnĀ .Ā 

Iā€™m been working with them for 1 year but most of the time iā€™m working in the 2nd one.Ā 

Cause i saw some story in this forum said immi mightĀ send people to the business to check or call in randomly.

Ā 

If both are in regional postcode and owned by the same person, it's fine. To be on the safe side include this in your job contract, under location list the two.

Yes, theyā€™re both in regional postcode and owned by the same person.Ā Ā But itā€™s 2 different ABN.Ā Ā 

i lodged application on Dec/2017. And on application, thereā€™s only 1 place (the 1st one as in the previous cmt).

But this also make me confused. Following the rules, we only need to work for the sponsorĀ after the 187Ā granted (even 6 months later after PR). So, why immi let people come to the business forĀ checkingĀ or require us to prove that we actually working in there? šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

Ā 

10 minutes ago, Diemlinh said:

Yes, theyā€™re both in regional postcode and owned by the same person.Ā Ā But itā€™s 2 different ABN.Ā Ā 

i lodged application on Dec/2017. And on application, thereā€™s only 1 place (the 1st one as in the previous cmt).

But this also make me confused. Following the rules, we only need to work for the sponsorĀ after the 187Ā granted (even 6 months later after PR). So, why immi let people come to the business forĀ checkingĀ or require us to prove that we actually working in there? šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

One of the reasons is that the time before the grant counts towards the 2 years requirement.
Another one is to check that you are actually working there (physically present), as per the application (thank the fake applicants for this one).
Third one is to prove that the business can truly afford you (can pay you) and your position is truly required (cannot be done by just anyone and has to be full-time hours, otherwise is not critical).

What state and position? I am also in the Dec 2017 batch, in NSW.

17 hours ago, Bishal911 said:

Hi all I would like to share my timeline Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  187 direct entry nomination and visa applied in feb 2018 as a chef . Nomination approved 31 octuber and asked afp check . Submit 20th November so far no respnce from c.o . Verr frustrating šŸ¤Æ

Hi, my nomination approved 7 th October and asked AFP same day. AFP submitted in one week. After four weeks same officer asked my medical check. I and my wife did on 20 th November. since not hear from any news from him. work as cook. right now on 457 visa from WA, Perth.Ā 

Ā 

8 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

Ā 

One of the reasons is that the time before the grant counts towards the 2 years requirement.
Another one is to check that you are actually working there (physically present), as per the application (thank the fake applicants for this one).
Third one is to prove that the business can truly afford you (can pay you) and your position is truly required (cannot be done by just anyone and has to be full-time hours, otherwise is not critical).

What state and position? I am also in the Dec 2017 batch, in NSW.

Position: Cook, Vic

Still no news from them.Ā 

My boss already put the business on sale, so really hope everything going good šŸ˜ž before someone buy it.Ā 

2 hours ago, MilaMocha said:

Ā 

the time before the grant counts towards the 2 years requirement.

Where do you get this information from? All of other lawyer and websites i read said 2 years post visa granted. I just get the visa, been waiting for over 2 years whilst working full time and willing to leave as the situation at work. thanks!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SP2304 said:

Hi, my nomination approved 7 th October and asked AFP same day. AFP submitted in one week. After four weeks same officer asked my medical check. I and my wife did on 20 th November. since not hear from any news from him. work as cook. right now on 457 visa from WA, Perth.Ā 

Ā 

We both are in the same boat Ā itā€™s really makeĀ Ā impatient šŸ˜¢

15 hours ago, MilaMocha said:

Please donā€™t thing and try thinking forĀ a change.

Hi milamocha could your please share your timeline. My nomination is approved and asked afp already submitted now itā€™s on further assessment. Itā€™s mid December already I hope they songs drag my application till feb bcoz December and January holiday sessions . Any ideas about it please kindly share your ideas . ThanksĀ 

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Diemlinh said:

Diemlinh,Ā 

it depends on the employment contract which you submitted to immi or some people who stated in their application they are already working or will be working by the designated date. So to check whether the person working in position after the date stated. and most of the time they visitĀ close to finalisation.Ā  Ā However, immi can do whatever they like, to prove "integrity" of this visa. there are written rules but it's not for THEM to follow. my opinion.Ā 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bishal911 said:

Hi milamocha could your please share your timeline. My nomination is approved and asked afp already submitted now itā€™s on further assessment. Itā€™s mid December already I hope they songs drag my application till feb bcoz December and January holiday sessions . Any ideas about it please kindly share your ideas . ThanksĀ 

When did you lodge your application?

I lodged Dec last year, so will be hitting one year wait shortly. I reckon DoHA will close for 2 weeks only so the delay shouldn't be that big.

17 hours ago, Qudos said:

Where do you get this information from? All of other lawyer and websites i read said 2 years post visa granted. I just get the visa, been waiting for over 2 years whilst working full time and willing to leave as the situation at work. thanks!

As long as you can prove that you've worked for the nominating business in a regional postcode on the nominated position for at least 2 years full-time, you're good to leave as soon as you get the PR.

It's on the official website but pretty much written between the lines. šŸ™‚Ā 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MilaMocha said:

As long as you can prove that you've worked for the nominating business in a regional postcode on the nominated position for at least 2 years full-time, you're good to leave as soon as you get the PR.

It's on the official website but pretty much written between the lines. šŸ™‚Ā 

Two years only count from the day you get PR.Ā