187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Applied in nov end and got approved in feb

How come you got PR if you lodged in end of nov ??

People who lodged their app in sep and oct are still waiting for the great news.

Ā 

Can you please share your occupation, processement center and if you are from HR or LR country?

Ā 

Anyway congrats and enjoy aussie dream.

hello guys my timeline rcb , nomination , visa applied on 22 sep 2014

Ā 

nomination approved 2 feb 2015

additional documents requested 2 Feb 2015

visa - still waiting

Ā 

any idea how long case officer take after requested additional documents

Ā 

What additional documents were they requesting?

Luckily it was a day for me and my husband. Worth waiting for four months and 2 weeks.. PR GrANTED.. !!! Good luck for everyone waiting.. Our timeline ... RCB on 18th August. Approved on 20th August..nomination 25th August approved on 8th dec. final visa applied on 10th oct and this is the day on 26th Feb the waiting game is over. Occupation Cook and processing center Melbourne...

Luckily it was a day for me and my husband. Worth waiting for four months and 2 weeks.. PR GrANTED.. !!! Good luck for everyone waiting.. Our timeline ... RCB on 18th August. Approved on 20th August..nomination 25th August approved on 8th dec. final visa applied on 10th oct and this is the day on 26th Feb the waiting game is over. Occupation Cook and processing center Melbourne...

Ā 

Congratulations enjoy your day

Ā 

Can u plz let me know did they ask for any additional documents and how long they took after additional documents

Congratulations enjoy your day

Ā 

Can u plz let me know did they ask for any additional documents and how long they took after additional documents

Yes they did ask for additional document which was a statutory declaration for my husbands police offence for using unregistered motor vehicle. They asked for it yesterday arvo and we submitted it this morning at 11 am and Got PR at 3:15 pm.

Good news for everyone

AUSTRALIA GOOD NEWS FOR IMMIGRANTS AS IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT REMOVED MANDATORY TWO YEAR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS FOR THOSE APPLYING PERMANENT RESIDENCY UNDER REGIONAL SKILLED MIGRATION SCHEME FOR INTERNATIONAL VET GRADUATES PROVIDED THEY HOLD MINIMUM CERTIFICATE IV QUALIFICATION

25TH FEB. 2015

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection have updated their RSMS visa policy after removing the mandatory two-year work experience requirement in recent times.

Consequently, international VET sector graduates no longer require two-years full time work experience to apply for a RSMS if they hold a minimum Certificate IV qualification.

Instead, an applicant's required level of experience is determined by their relevant ANZSCO classification rating - which is specific to their occupation - as it was prior to the policy change in August 2013.

The change follows a recent MRT case which saw a visa refusal based on the requirement successfully overturned by Migration Solutions.

"This is the biggest change to RSMS policy for a long time," said Migration Solutions Managing Director, Mark Glazbrook.

"The two-year work experience requirement was an unnecessary requirement that prevented a number of genuine visa applicants from attaining permanent residency in low population growth areas such as South Australia.

"The change is an extremely positive measure that will benefit thousands of international students and local businesses."

The policy now states:

30.2 AQF Certificate III, IV and Diploma qualifications

If the applicant relies on an Australian qualification, that qualification must be as specified within the ANZSCO framework for that occupation. For example, if the nominated position were that of a cook (ANZSCO 351411), the applicant must:

hold a relevant AQF Certificate IV or

hold a relevant AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on the job training or

have at least 3 years of relevant experience.

If the Certificate III was obtained without the formal on-the-job training component, to satisfy the skill requirement the applicant must have at least 2 years post-qualification experience, obtained on a full time basis or its part-time equivalent. The 2 years of post-qualification experience is taken to be equal to the on-the-job training component. This is to ensure that the qualification is relevant to the tasks of the occupation and that the applicant indeed has the practical skills required to perform the task of the occupation.

Under ANZSCO, there is no requirement of 2 years of on-the-job training for Certificate IV qualifications.

The particular circumstances of each application will be assessed and finally determined on a case-by-case basis by the delegate. When making their assessment, case officers must be mindful that the qualifications and experience of the applicant must be relevant to the tasks to be performed in the nominated occupation.

Congratulations...i applied on 8th october and have not heard anything yet. My semester fees is due on 2nd march $11000. Wait is so annoying. I think contacting immigration and explain them, does make a difference.

Congratulations...i applied on 8th october and have not heard anything yet. My semester fees is due on 2nd march $11000. Wait is so annoying. I think contacting immigration and explain them, does make a difference.

I know it sucks.. Mine was due on that day too but lucky now I don't have to pay. But u get refund from uni if u get PR before census date. So hope you will hear soon. At least before the census date of your uni. Good luck.

Hey guys,

Ā 

My 187 visa was granted today! Just thought I'd share my timeline with you because it went very, very fast.

Ā 

RCB applied: Oct 30

RCB approved: Nov 10

Nomination & Application submitted: Dec 2

Nomination approved: Feb 26

187 visa granted: Feb 27

Ā 

I guess I had all my documents in order, and also I'm from a low risk country so that probably helped. But it was just under 3 months from application to approval, so things are moving pretty quickly over there.

Ā 

Hope that's helpful. :) Good luck everyone!

Hey guys,

Ā 

My 187 visa was granted today! Just thought I'd share my timeline with you because it went very, very fast.

Ā 

RCB applied: Oct 30

RCB approved: Nov 10

Nomination & Application submitted: Dec 2

Nomination approved: Feb 26

187 visa granted: Feb 27

Ā 

I guess I had all my documents in order, and also I'm from a low risk country so that probably helped. But it was just under 3 months from application to approval, so things are moving pretty quickly over there.

Ā 

Hope that's helpful. :) Good luck everyone!

Ā 

Wow that was fast. What is your nominated occupation?

hi i have lodged my nomination on 12 dec ,and visa on 18 feb 2015. i have not t heard anything yet.but after looking at everyone timeline i m expecting that my nomination could take another month.

Ā 

But kindly give me a suggestion.i have not get my medical done and my MA told me that i should wait for my nomination to get a approved . is it fine if i get my medical done now or should i wait for my case officer to ask me for medical ??

Ā 

thanks

hi i have lodged my nomination on 12 dec ,and visa on 18 feb 2015. i have not t heard anything yet.but after looking at everyone timeline i m expecting that my nomination could take another month.

Ā 

But kindly give me a suggestion.i have not get my medical done and my MA told me that i should wait for my nomination to get a approved . is it fine if i get my medical done now or should i wait for my case officer to ask me for medical ??

Ā 

thanks

Hey mate,

Ā 

In my opinion its better to submit all your documents before hand and medical done as well, as later on you have to do it then why not now. It saves some time as well in the process of asking additional documents. Upload all the forms and documents according to decision ready checklist. Hope it helps.

Good news for everyone

AUSTRALIA GOOD NEWS FOR IMMIGRANTS AS IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT REMOVED MANDATORY TWO YEAR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS FOR THOSE APPLYING PERMANENT RESIDENCY UNDER REGIONAL SKILLED MIGRATION SCHEME FOR INTERNATIONAL VET GRADUATES PROVIDED THEY HOLD MINIMUM CERTIFICATE IV QUALIFICATION

25TH FEB. 2015

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection have updated their RSMS visa policy after removing the mandatory two-year work experience requirement in recent times.

Consequently, international VET sector graduates no longer require two-years full time work experience to apply for a RSMS if they hold a minimum Certificate IV qualification.

Instead, an applicant's required level of experience is determined by their relevant ANZSCO classification rating - which is specific to their occupation - as it was prior to the policy change in August 2013.

The change follows a recent MRT case which saw a visa refusal based on the requirement successfully overturned by Migration Solutions.

"This is the biggest change to RSMS policy for a long time," said Migration Solutions Managing Director, Mark Glazbrook.

"The two-year work experience requirement was an unnecessary requirement that prevented a number of genuine visa applicants from attaining permanent residency in low population growth areas such as South Australia.

"The change is an extremely positive measure that will benefit thousands of international students and local businesses."

The policy now states:

30.2 AQF Certificate III, IV and Diploma qualifications

If the applicant relies on an Australian qualification, that qualification must be as specified within the ANZSCO framework for that occupation. For example, if the nominated position were that of a cook (ANZSCO 351411), the applicant must:

hold a relevant AQF Certificate IV or

hold a relevant AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on the job training or

have at least 3 years of relevant experience.

If the Certificate III was obtained without the formal on-the-job training component, to satisfy the skill requirement the applicant must have at least 2 years post-qualification experience, obtained on a full time basis or its part-time equivalent. The 2 years of post-qualification experience is taken to be equal to the on-the-job training component. This is to ensure that the qualification is relevant to the tasks of the occupation and that the applicant indeed has the practical skills required to perform the task of the occupation.

Under ANZSCO, there is no requirement of 2 years of on-the-job training for Certificate IV qualifications.

The particular circumstances of each application will be assessed and finally determined on a case-by-case basis by the delegate. When making their assessment, case officers must be mindful that the qualifications and experience of the applicant must be relevant to the tasks to be performed in the nominated occupation.

This is saying that it is still required for some occupations if only a very 3 has been obtained, depending on the course.

Ā 

Ā 

thanks

Ā 

I'm confused...I read in DIBP website that medicals should be done before lodging visa thru 'my health declaration" or if you have already lodge the visa, the website says you have to wait fr CO to request it.

Ā 

Can we do medicals after lodgement but before being allocated to CO? if yes, then where can we get a referral letter with HAP ID?

I'm confused...I read in DIBP website that medicals should be done before lodging visa thru 'my health declaration" or if you have already lodge the visa, the website says you have to wait fr CO to request it.

Ā 

Can we do medicals after lodgement but before being allocated to CO? if yes, then where can we get a referral letter with HAP ID?

Ā 

i actually asked my ma again that i want to get my medicals done .and she send me referral letter, i already made a appointment today for medicals.

but you can do it yourself by logging into your immigration account and there is a option my health declaration form ,i think you can fill the form and it will print your hap id .Than you have to contact some medical clinic around you to make an appointment .

Ā 

and i just lodged my file on 18th feb my MA hasnt told me anything that i have to wait for case officer to ask for my medical\

Ā 

but to be on safe side alwys check with your MA

Edited by reet