help with EOI - visa 189 (joiner)

andana

Hi all

Looking for some help with completing the EOI ...has anyone submitted  the EOI for  joiner recently and could help with few questions please? Just confused about few things and worried we are over claiming points! :(  

My partner got a positive skills assessment from TRA  and also got a AQF Certificate III in Joinery. On the letter we got - skilled migration assessment result - it only says that it has been successful and  he also got that certificate in joinery. I though that on the letter it will say how many years of experience he has as well.  My partner provided evidence for 7 y & 10 m  and they said that he has provided all supporting documents for this period,  but still  3 years will be taken off from this as he has only completed NVQ2 ( and not 3) so firs 3 years count as training and he should be claiming only 5 points for work experience.

When we added the info about work experience to EOI, it gave him 10 points for experience so counted all 7 y and 10m... where are those 3 years to be taken off from that?

How can we claim less? points are calculated automatically based in the information entered...im confused...

Sorry if those are daft questions, I know its only EOI so should be straight forward, but just want to make sure we do this right and don't over claim..

hope there is someone who can help!

Thanks in advance!

Andana

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 08:20, wrussell said:

Not unless you pay extra for migration points advice.

yeah, i've managed to find this out in TRA website... it's another $900 to get this done on the top of the skills assessment ( which was already £1200) ....cant believe how much it all is... my friend who applied as an IT manager got skills assessment and a letter with confirmed number of years for experience for under £400. Don't know why this is so crazy expensive for trades :( 

Unless you have the equivalent to an AQF 3 level qualification prior to your work experience, then DIBP take off the first three years and count this as an informal 'apprenticeship period', meaning that it won't be counted for points.

So if you have 6 years experience as a joiner say, then you need to enter this twice into the EOI. The first three years should be listed as 'not relevant', and then the subsequent three years should be listed as 'relevant'.

Regards,

Richard