Prospective Marriage Visa (sub 300)

OzzieDreamer

Hello all,

My partner and I have decided to go with the Prospective Marriage Visa as this seems to be our best option.

Firstly I am headed back to the UK tomorrow so I believe we will be doing the online lodging of the visa application.

Does anyone know where the application will be processed through and possible time frame for processing time at that location? 

What do we need to provide to prove we have met in person?

Are photos a must?

What is the cost of the xray/medical l would need to get done over in the UK?

I think that is all for now

Thanks so much

12 hours ago, OzzieDreamer said:

Hello all,

My partner and I have decided to go with the Prospective Marriage Visa as this seems to be our best option.

Firstly I am headed back to the UK tomorrow so I believe we will be doing the online lodging of the visa application.

Does anyone know where the application will be processed through and possible time frame for processing time at that location? 

What do we need to provide to prove we have met in person?

Are photos a must?

What is the cost of the xray/medical l would need to get done over in the UK?

I think that is all for now

Thanks so much

Hi!

We've just gone through the process, so this is based on our experience but of course each case is different.

- applications lodged in the UK are processed by the Australian High Commission in London, I believe. The time frame is impossible to estimate, it depends on the backlog at the Commission, how straightforward your case is, etc. The official, global time frame is 12/15 months. Our application took 3 months.

- proof that you have met in person: photos are the obvious answer. Plus bookings made for activities in common (travel, theatre etc), hotel bookings...

- our CO asked specifically for photos of us together (which we had included, but I guess they were buried in the rest of the evidence), so in our case yes, it was a must.

- I was quoted 295 GBP for the medical at Knightbridge Doctors clinic in London.

Good luck!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

Hi!

We've just gone through the process, so this is based on our experience but of course each case is different.

- applications lodged in the UK are processed by the Australian High Commission in London, I believe. The time frame is impossible to estimate, it depends on the backlog at the Commission, how straightforward your case is, etc. The official, global time frame is 12/15 months. Our application took 3 months.

- proof that you have met in person: photos are the obvious answer. Plus bookings made for activities in common (travel, theatre etc), hotel bookings...

- our CO asked specifically for photos of us together (which we had included, but I guess they were buried in the rest of the evidence), so in our case yes, it was a must.

- I was quoted 295 GBP for the medical at Knightbridge Doctors clinic in London.

Good luck!

Thank you for your @TheWayOfThePony.

How many photo's did you include? We have a couple together, some with the kids and some with her parents.

For bookings and such we don't have anything as none of the place we visited were very far away and mostly free or just a normal admission fee.

We have stat declarations from her parents that they have met me many times since been here, celebrating varios holidays and general get togethers.

Do you mind me picking tour brain time to time if I have other questions?

Thank you so so much

• Like 1

Include the photos. The ones with parents and other people in will be useful too. You don't want hundreds or anything but a good solid batch showing people over time are good. 

3 hours ago, OzzieDreamer said:

Thank you for your @TheWayOfThePony.

How many photo's did you include? We have a couple together, some with the kids and some with her parents.

For bookings and such we don't have anything as none of the place we visited were very far away and mostly free or just a normal admission fee.

We have stat declarations from her parents that they have met me many times since been here, celebrating varios holidays and general get togethers.

Do you mind me picking tour brain time to time if I have other questions?

Thank you so so much

Hey, of course, that's what this forum is here for :) 

We included about a dozen pictures of us together. It's not a lot, but as snifter pointed out it's not so much quantity than quality that matters - ours showed us with friends and family (so that covers the social aspect of the relationship), and were taken over the course of our relationship (and so prove a continuous relationship).

Thanks heaps,

I don't think we have more than a couple together as she isn't a photo person, the rest are most me with the kids or her parents.

I've filled in the application for the most part but little confused as to what to put for the date we became committed and exclusive. This would have been back in 2014 we i asked her ti be my gf but we didnt met in person until 2016. We had a long distance relationship with hours upon hours of skype video calls n msgs daily. So what do I put down for this?

Also in form 47sp:

Q29: Your Parents - What if I only know my bio fathers name from my birth cert? Do I put him down?

Also do I include my mother's husband?

Q30:  All you brothers and sisters. - What if I don't know if my bio father has had other children and of their names etc?

Q32: All other members of your family unit -  So who do I  put for this?

Thanks in advance

22 hours ago, OzzieDreamer said:

Thanks heaps,

I don't think we have more than a couple together as she isn't a photo person, the rest are most me with the kids or her parents.

I've filled in the application for the most part but little confused as to what to put for the date we became committed and exclusive. This would have been back in 2014 we i asked her ti be my gf but we didnt met in person until 2016. We had a long distance relationship with hours upon hours of skype video calls n msgs daily. So what do I put down for this?

Also in form 47sp:

Q29: Your Parents - What if I only know my bio fathers name from my birth cert? Do I put him down?

Q30:  All you brothers and sisters. - What if I don't know if my bio father has had other children and of their names etc?

Thanks in advance

Well, the more photos the better, but as long as you have at least one of you two together (=proving that you have met in person), I guess you tick the bare minimum... maybe if you explain in your statement that she is photo-shy, they will understand. In the future though I suggest you get into the habit of taking more pictures of you together, because you are going to need to lodge another application for the next stage (visa 820).

As for the date: the way I understand it (someone correct me if I'm wrong) as far as Immigration is concerned, an online relationship (or a long distance relationship with no "physical" contact, just skype calls/emails/text messages etc) is dating, not a proper relationship. Your "starting date" for a committed relationship would be when you met in person and decided that yes, you definitely wanted to be together.

As for questions regarding your family, I'm not sure what to do in that situation to be honest... I don't want to take a guess and tell you something incorrect that could jeopardize your application! Sorry :( 

On 25/09/2017 at 17:53, TheWayOfThePony said:

Well, the more photos the better, but as long as you have at least one of you two together (=proving that you have met in person), I guess you tick the bare minimum... maybe if you explain in your statement that she is photo-shy, they will understand. In the future though I suggest you get into the habit of taking more pictures of you together, because you are going to need to lodge another application for the next stage (visa 820).

As for the date: the way I understand it (someone correct me if I'm wrong) as far as Immigration is concerned, an online relationship (or a long distance relationship with no "physical" contact, just skype calls/emails/text messages etc) is dating, not a proper relationship. Your "starting date" for a committed relationship would be when you met in person and decided that yes, you definitely wanted to be together.

As for questions regarding your family, I'm not sure what to do in that situation to be honest... I don't want to take a guess and tell you something incorrect that could jeopardize your application! Sorry :( 

Thank you for the reply @TheWayOfThePony

You are a gem. Yes she is super photo shy. We can explain this to immigration and yes understand more photos  the better for the next part of our application if the pmv is granted.

Myself and my fiancee are in the process of writing our stat declarations along with our parents and friends. However have no idea where to start on what to write lol. Neither do our parents for that matter. Is there a guide on here on what to include or of samples?

If anyone else happens to know about the Family question I asked please do respond

Much appreciated 

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/888.pdf 

That is for people writing stat decs for you. Don't forget they need them witnessed by someone suitable etc and signed off on etc. Its all there in the blurb. Those are pretty short and sweet forms for them to fill out iirc. We got 4 done by family and friends and submitted the two we felt were the best IIRC. 

Are you doing the application online? If so then your supporting statements would go in there somewhere I'd expect? Gone are the days of 5 pages of A4 handwritten out for a postal application. Unless you are doing a postal one that is :P

TBH we just wrote it in our own words. I did a couple of pages of A4 typed, hubby wrote 5 pages A4 handwritten. Cover the things they want. How you met, how long together, the proposal, plans for the future those sorts of things they are looking for are they not? I'm sure in the partner visa booklet its covered somewhere what they will want.

Re photos, if you are getting married then hopefully you'll have some for sure of that day :biggrin: And you'll have time between PMV and partner visa to snap a few more. 

On 9/25/2017 at 19:23, TheWayOfThePony said:
On 9/24/2017 at 20:20, OzzieDreamer said:

Also in form 47sp:

Thanks in advance

I always approached these forms with if they are clear what they are asking, then be clear in your answers. Truthful to the best of your knowledge, and clear in your answers. 

So I'd go out from if they are asking your fathers name, then give it. If that is all you know of him and they require more info, explain to them that is all you have to go on as you have no contact nor know whereabout he is etc. If they only want his name, I can't see any reason to not list it. 

Why would you include your mothers husband? Is he a legal guardian, did he adopt you? I don't recall listing my step father on the application but I do recall listing both my parents. I have no contact with my father but don't recall it being an issue in any way when applying for my partner visa. 

If you don't know of any other siblings, you can't list them can you? If you knew some existed but didn't or couldn't name them, that would be different I'd think but if you are not aware of any existing, have never heard of any or met any, not sure you can say anything otherwise.

Your family unit. I'd say immediate family. I don't recall listing cousins or aunts or anything. Just parents and siblings sort of thing.

If you are really in doubt as what to put, seek professional advice from a reputable migration agent and ask them. Even if it means paying for an hour of their time, better to do that than stuff up your application. What I've said about is just my experiences, its not me saying that is the way to do things,  just how I went about it ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

I need some information and I hope you can help me. I have some easy and some hard questions to ask. Just to give you some background information: We have already applied for our PM Visa in February 2017, I am South African and my fiance is Australian. We have not yet finished our application. 

1. If we get married before we receive the visa or the application is finished, what happens to our PM visa? Can it change into a spousal visa or will we have to pay again for the spousal visa? 

2.  I need more information about the PIC 4020, I know there are 4 components and I have a questions about this section of it: the bogus document or information must be ‘in relation to’ the application for the visa, or a visa that the applicant held in the period of 12 months before the application was made. I have a questions about the part about when the application was made,  does that refer to when you launched the application or when you finish loading all the information on and finished the application? 

3. Does anybody know a good affordable Immigration Lawyer that will be able to help me while I am in South Africa? 

I hope that someone can help me out with some information. 

Thanks 

Amori 

5 hours ago, Amori said:

Hey guys, 

I need some information and I hope you can help me. I have some easy and some hard questions to ask. Just to give you some background information: We have already applied for our PM Visa in February 2017, I am South African and my fiance is Australian. We have not yet finished our application. 

1. If we get married before we receive the visa or the application is finished, what happens to our PM visa? Can it change into a spousal visa or will we have to pay again for the spousal visa? 

2.  I need more information about the PIC 4020, I know there are 4 components and I have a questions about this section of it: the bogus document or information must be ‘in relation to’ the application for the visa, or a visa that the applicant held in the period of 12 months before the application was made. I have a questions about the part about when the application was made,  does that refer to when you launched the application or when you finish loading all the information on and finished the application? 

3. Does anybody know a good affordable Immigration Lawyer that will be able to help me while I am in South Africa? 

I hope that someone can help me out with some information. 

Thanks 

Amori 

If you are moving into the world of PIC 4020 and bogus documents, I would be getting professional advice fast, not relying on a forum. There are several agents who post on here, any of htem should be able to help you, they do not have to be in the same country as you.