Import tax for new items in a move cube?

sualg

Hi I’m filling out my Move Cube paperwork and it asked me to declare any items I’ve owned for less than twelve months as these may be subject to import tax. I’ve got a few items in there that are fairly new (printer, bike, shoes) has any body been taxed ?

cheers

Hi I’m filling out my Move Cube paperwork and it asked me to declare any items I’ve owned for less than twelve months as these may be subject to import tax. I’ve got a few items in there that are fairly new (printer, bike, shoes) has any body been taxed ?

cheers

There have been other posts where people have said they didn't declare as the items weren't still boxed and didn't have tags in etc.
Slightly different but I declared less than 1/4bottle of 30yr single malt whisky and after 3 lots of communications replying to questions on its rrp, purchase price, content in bottle, size of bottle, I ended up paying about $4.....it held up release of our container!! [emoji31]

6 hours ago, Lou Dower said:

There have been other posts where people have said they didn't declare as the items weren't still boxed and didn't have tags in etc.
Slightly different but I declared less than 1/4bottle of 30yr single malt whisky and after 3 lots of communications replying to questions on its rrp, purchase price, content in bottle, size of bottle, I ended up paying about $4.....it held up release of our container!! emoji31.png

I'm surprised they let that through. Usually it's full bottles only in shipping. Opened ones were meant to be a no go. 

I'm surprised they let that through. Usually it's full bottles only in shipping. Opened ones were meant to be a no go. 

Oh! I hadn't heard that but it makes sense. Well maybe they were lenient as I'd said it was a 30yr old bottle bought for my 30th birthday....not so lenient they didn't want their $4 though [emoji23]

Oh! I hadn't heard that but it makes sense. Well maybe they were lenient as I'd said it was a 30yr old bottle bought for my 30th birthday....not so lenient they didn't want their $4 though [emoji23]

We should have drunk it before we left but we were too busy quaffing my champers collection so we didn't have to pay the 50% duty on it! ☹️?

• 8 months later...

We had a 3 month old washing machine which we never declared. Suppose it's just taking the chance that they may question. Figure the odd items are ok, and as long as not brand new still in boxes and never used you could argue over how long they've been owned.

• Like 1