Medicals Finalised - do they do this without CO?

racht

Hello folks

Just a quick question. Applied onine for 175 visa a month ago. Went for medicals 3 weeks ago and they are showing as having been received and finialised for the whole family. Status says processing commenced.

My question is, do they review and finalise your medicals without CO? I wasnt expecting them to be finalised until they were ready to deal with our application, or does another team deal with the medicals when they arrive regardless of your stage in the visa process?

Does any of that make sense? !!! I know what I mean!:biglaugh:

Thanks

Rachael

Guest creakybones

Hi Rachael

Did they request your meds or did you front load them?

If they were requested them then you probably have a co- if not then they can finalise them without a co

maria

No we front loaded them - so they do process them without a CO then? Thanks for that - was beginning to get a bit concerned - whilst I would like visas quickly 6 weeks would be a bit too quick as the house sale has not gone through yet!!!!

Guest creakybones

Yes thats right, unfortunately it may take some time to get a co allocated, but good luck anyway.

Where about you heading?

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi racht

The Health Operations Centre in Sydney process meds as & when they arrive. If the meds have been frontloaded, it saves the eventual CO a task later.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks for that Gill. I wondered whether they had that sort of system. So then presumeably, we should not hear anything until visas are approved (in about 10 months time)!? Or will the status change when someone is finally dealing with it?

Guest Rocker

Hi Guys,

I am unable to understand the way these guys work.

Applied onine for 175 visa a month ago. Went for medicals 3 weeks ago and they are showing as having been received and finialised

I front loaded my meds in May and the date they were received was 15th May. The main meds heading says "Outstanding" and detailed meds says "further meds Received"... by looking at number of posts and few exchange of posts with Gill, I thought it takes aound 4 to 6 weeks.

After waiting long, I sent an email to HOC and this is the reply i got from them

Thank you for your e-mail. The medical results you are enquiring about

have been received and processed. However as they were assessed by the

MOC on our internal systems they will not reflect in the e-visa system.

These have been recorded in our system and can be accessed by the case

officer to enable them to process the visa application.

Please contact the case officer to follow-up on the progress of the visa

application.

And yes I do not have a case officer yet and I dont think I'll have him for another 6 to 8 months :)

Now the question is, if they have a different system and status is not reflected in e-visa app then how could your status changed so quickly...........

confusing.. isnt it..

Hi

My meds for all the family have been finalised, we frontloaded aswell. It took 2 weeks back in April from when HOC/LCU received to meds finalised on my online application status.

This does not mean we have a CO but means the meds have all been sorted. Hope this helps xx

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Guys,

I am unable to understand the way these guys work.

I front loaded my meds in May and the date they were received was 15th May. The main meds heading says "Outstanding" and detailed meds says "further meds Received"... by looking at number of posts and few exchange of posts with Gill, I thought it takes aound 4 to 6 weeks.

After waiting long, I sent an email to HOC and this is the reply i got from them

And yes I do not have a case officer yet and I dont think I'll have him for another 6 to 8 months :)

Now the question is, if they have a different system and status is not reflected in e-visa app then how could your status changed so quickly...........

confusing.. isnt it..

HI Rocker

The chaotic (in my opinion) state of Meds processing was revealed in a Report by the Australian National Audit Office last year. Please see here:

http://www.anao.gov.au/uploads/documents/2006-07_Audit_Report_37.pdf

I think Chapter 7 (Page 117 et seq) explains that they have two different IT systems for meds, which are incompatible with each other.

I think this might answer your query?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest paul1966

When they say your medicals have been finalised does that meen they have passed and there is no problems with them.

Usually.... when front loading you do need to remember that your visa is granted from the date of the medical or police check (whichever has the earliest date). In the past this has caught out one or two members who have then only had a few months to validate their visa.

Ali

Guest Rocker

Hi Gill,

Sorry I couldnt reply your post earlier. I have read the document you mentioned. Well it looks like they have number of system for the data processing. They are integerated up to some extent. But what I dont understand is how come the status for few people changes quickly on eVisa app and for some (like myself) it does not change. Perhaps for the first category the data is processed in a different system and for the others there is a different system being used..

whatever the system is I just wish everyone best of luck :)

Archived