Aus visa

Lukey1234567

What options do I have to move to Aus permanently??

British male 

Age 24

Occupation barber (8+ years experience)

mother is a perminant resident in Aus. 

I have tried to find a way to move however not having much luck. I also used my holiday working visa already 

Any help will be appreciated

I have moved your post to where it will get a better response. 

There is no such visa that covers someone just for having family in Oz. 

Generally, visas are based on occupation. I believe at the moment, hairdresser is on the list, but, you would need to check if you can pass the skills assessment for it. 

• Thanks 1

I am not sure if barber and hairdresser count as one and the same. May well not in which case, you'd need to have a rethink. You would need to look in to the requirements for the visa. Also only one or possibly two states are sponsoring hairdressers and am not sure they would be states you would be interested in. 

Honestly, I'd not be too hopeful. You perhaps need to consider retraining. 

7 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

I have moved your post to where it will get a better response. 

There is no such visa that covers someone just for having family in Oz. 

Generally, visas are based on occupation. I believe at the moment, hairdresser is on the list, but, you would need to check if you can pass the skills assessment for it. 

Thanks! Do you know if my occupation will allow me to get a long term visa to eventually live permanently? 

3 minutes ago, snifter said:

I am not sure if barber and hairdresser count as one and the same. May well not in which case, you'd need to have a rethink. You would need to look in to the requirements for the visa. Also only one or possibly two states are sponsoring hairdressers and am not sure they would be states you would be interested in. 

Honestly, I'd not be too hopeful. You perhaps need to consider retraining. 

I was looking at state sponcership for NT and I feared this may be the problem. Thanks.

if I was to retrain would I have to gain a few years experience also to qualify?

As mentioned, you would need to check if you could pass a skills assessment. If not, then you would need to retrain. However, yes, most occupations require several years post qualification experience in order to pass a skills assessment. You would also need to be aware that the occupation lists change every year at least and occupations are removed, so there is no guarantee that if you retrain you would be eligible.