Change employer

Zara's

Hi guys I got my permanent residence but my boss make me do still 50 hours so  I have just a question in rsms visa can we change employer giving 2 weeks notice  if someone offer more money and what happen new place kick me out

Edited by Zara's

WOW with your great English skills not sure why finding a new a new job a problem!

As a PR, your employer does not own you. You are free to work for who ever you want. If your new place kick you, obviously you feel confident about this role, u then you will need to join the job ladder like everyone else!

• Like 1

On a 187 visa, you're required to remain with your employer for 2 years following the grant of the visa.  However your employer needs to follow the National Employment Standards and other Fairwork legislation.  Are you paid for the overtime?  Are the long work weeks part of your employment contract?  If the longer work weeks aren't reasonable, you should first try to resolve this with your employer or contact Fairwork.

It is a condition of your visa that you stay with the employer for two years after grant. In order to remove this you would need to prove evidence to the department. 

Have your hours changed since you received the 187 compared to previously? 

What hours are in your contract?

What is the standard for your industry?

On 13/08/2017 at 13:19, MaggieMay24 said:

On a 187 visa, you're required to remain with your employer for 2 years following the grant of the visa.  However your employer needs to follow the National Employment Standards and other Fairwork legislation.  Are you paid for the overtime?  Are the long work weeks part of your employment contract?  If the longer work weeks aren't reasonable, you should first try to resolve this with your employer or contact Fairwork.

Thanks for your reply. No i am not paid for overtime my contract is 38 and they make the payslip of 45 hours. I talk already for extra hour i work and they dont listen to me.i have get same cook job in same regional area and they have  offer me more money then my current employer and i think my boss wont to match the offer

On 13/08/2017 at 14:58, VERYSTORMY said:

It is a condition of your visa that you stay with the employer for two years after grant. In order to remove this you would need to prove evidence to the department. 

Have your hours changed since you received the 187 compared to previously? 

What hours are in your contract?

What is the standard for your industry?

• jaya
  • Members5
  • 12 posts

thanks for your reply no my hours hasn't change its 38 in contract