186 visa - 2 years on 457 requiement

TommyC

Hi all,

My 457 was granted on 25/08/2015. I have been on the same full-time position and there are no unpaid leaves have been taken. Is it means that I only can submit the nomination and visa application after the 25/08/2017 to satisfy 2 years on 457 requirement?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TommyC said:

Hi all,

My 457 was granted on 25/08/2015. I have been on the same full-time position and there are no unpaid leaves have been taken. Is it means that I only can submit the nomination and visa application after the 25/08/2017 to satisfy 2 years on 457 requirement?

For transition yes, you have to be on the visa for 2 years in the same position as you have stated.

There is nothing to stop you from preparing and speaking to your agent (if using one) so you are ready. We got all our info together, did medicals, police checks, completed the forms etc.... gave them all to our agent beforehand and exactly a day after our 2 year qualifying period so to speak she submitted them for us as a full application so were not asked for anything else during the process and it was approved in 3 months - This was last year.

Good Luck!

Edited by DeeTowers
typo

26 minutes ago, DeeTowers said:

For transition yes, you have to be on the visa for 2 years in the same position as you have stated.

There is nothing to stop you from preparing and speaking to your agent (if using one) so you are ready. We got all our info together, did medicals, police checks, completed the forms etc.... gave them all to our agent beforehand and exactly a day after our 2 year qualifying period so to speak she submitted them for us as a full application so were not asked for anything else during the process and it was approved in 3 months - This was last year.

Good Luck!

Thanks a lot, Dee. 

Did it help you to minimise your agent fees? How much did you pay to your MA for just checking and submitting? I'm literally preparing all documents by myself according to the document checklist. It is because my MA who did my 457 quotes $4000 of agent fee for the nomination and the visa. I think that's too expensive for a single application without any dependents.  

Just now, TommyC said:

Thanks a lot, Dee. 

Did it help you to minimise your agent fees? How much did you pay to your MA for just checking and submitting? I'm literally preparing all documents by myself according to the document checklist. It is because my MA who did my 457 quotes $4000 of agent fee for the nomination and the visa. I think that's too expensive for a single application without any dependents.  

@TommyC - We did not pay for it, it was via my husbands company. However the fee would not have be reduced because we got the docs together beforehand, they still have to check them and then submitted them as application ready. The agent also had to generate the reference numbers we needed for the medicals. 

I would always go via an agent though even if I had to pay for it myself - to me I wanted it to all go smoothly and it did, we also got our PR in just over 3 months were others were taking 6-9 months.

All the best!

3 hours ago, TommyC said:

Good on ya, Dee. :)))

Anyway, I have a month to go. I will try all my best. When the day comes, if I'm not confident in what I've got, I will hand over everything to the MA. :))

Thanks again, Dee.  

All the best and good luck! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DeeTowers said:

@TommyC - We did not pay for it, it was via my husbands company. However the fee would not have be reduced because we got the docs together beforehand, they still have to check them and then submitted them as application ready. The agent also had to generate the reference numbers we needed for the medicals. 

I would always go via an agent though even if I had to pay for it myself - to me I wanted it to all go smoothly and it did, we also got our PR in just over 3 months were others were taking 6-9 months.

All the best!

The length of your wait is unrelated to the fact you used an agent. I used an agent and I have been waiting for over 13 months on direct entry.

I know a bunch of people who did not use an agent and got their visa approve quicker than me.

An agent is useful to explain a lot of things and help but they don't accelerate your application approval...

• Like 1

On 01/08/2017 at 10:04, TommyC said:

Hi all,

You must have worked for 2 years on your 457 visa.  So if it was granted on Aug. 25, 2015 and you started working on September 1st, you need to wait until September to apply.  So just be careful with the dates.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2017 at 11:21, TommyC said:

I'm literally preparing all documents by myself according to the document checklist.

Be mindful that for the nomination application your employer needs to provide extensive, confidential documentation such as financials, payroll expenditure, training of Australian staff, salaries of comparable Australian staff, etc.

a) Is your employer prepared to give you access to all of this information/documentation?

b) Are you in a position to assess the company documentation to determine if they meet the requirements to sponsor you?

11 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

You must have worked for 2 years on your 457 visa.  So if it was granted on Aug. 25, 2015 and you started working on September 1st, you need to wait until September to apply.  So just be careful with the dates.

Thanks a lot, Maggie. 

As my contract, I started working on 29/07/2015. So I think it should be alright.

2 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Be mindful that for the nomination application your employer needs to provide extensive, confidential documentation such as financials, payroll expenditure, training of Australian staff, salaries of comparable Australian staff, etc.

a) Is your employer prepared to give you access to all of this information/documentation?

b) Are you in a position to assess the company documentation to determine if they meet the requirements to sponsor you?

Thanks, Raul.

Of course the financials and training benchmark, my boss has to do it herself. I gave her a copy of all requirements from the department website regarding the nomination so she should be aware of it. There're no other Australian citizens  work in the same position in the company, so we need to compare my salary to the market. Thus, it's a market researching, I think I can do it by myself. So far I have references form Australian bureau of statistics, Job outlook, Fair work ombudsman, several similar job advertisements from Seek and other job seeking websites and Salary guides from Hays, Robert Half and Robert Walters. 

Are there anything else I have missed?  

55 minutes ago, TommyC said:

Of course the financials and training benchmark, my boss has to do it herself. I gave her a copy of all requirements from the department website regarding the nomination so she should be aware of it.

Just be mindful that you are risking your entire application on your bosses interpretation and understanding of the nomination requirements, based on a basic website checklist. The nomination stage of the application is becoming increasingly difficult and complex.

57 minutes ago, TommyC said:

There're no other Australian citizens  work in the same position in the company, so we need to compare my salary to the market. Thus, it's a market researching, I think I can do it by myself. So far I have references form Australian bureau of statistics, Job outlook, Fair work ombudsman, several similar job advertisements from Seek and other job seeking websites and Salary guides from Hays, Robert Half and Robert Walters. 

Are there anything else I have missed?  

Sounds like you have done extensive research on the market rate. 

I cannot advise whether you and your boss have done enough based on a few lines in a public post.

Good luck with your application.