What visa is best for visiting my partner?

Millie

I've recently returned home after my working holiday visa but would like to go back at some point. My partner is a permanent resident and I would like to live out there with him for up to 12 months. I've looked into the visitor visa but it looks like a lot of people get declined so I'm not feeling to confident about it. What visa would be best for this?

6 hours ago, wrussell said:

If applying soon after a 417, you might be hard pressed to find a visa strategy that meets your needs.

Your prospects depend to some degree on your nationality and your immigration history.

I'd be applying about 6 months after the 417 ends. I'm British and only been to Australia on that visa. What kind of ties to the UK must you have for them to approve the application?

Hi Millie- Maybe go for the e-visitor (subclass 651)?

I too have been to Australia on a 1 year working holiday (sub-class visa 417) in 2011-2012.

I have been back to Australia on several occasions on an e-visitor visa (sub-class 651) for up to 3 months each visit in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. I have never had any problems (I am a UK citizen) visiting my partner (Aus citizen).

-They have never ask me for any ties to the UK, finances, etc. They just asked me who I was coming to see and address at immigration once.

-It is worth noting: No working with the e-visitor visa though

Edited by PsychNurse

They will probably want proof you can support yourself for the duration on the 12 month visa.  

Are you looking to apply for a partner visa later on? I ask as it may come with a NFS condition attached.