Moving to Melbourne Patterson Lakes ?.

Aggi

Good for what? Whats your definition of good?

They are close to the frankston line, approx 45 minutes into the CBD on the express train. Close to the beach and amenities. Good access to roads and down to the mornington peninsula. Good mooring /launching options on the patterson river if you have a boat.

State schools seem reasonable, and options for private as well.

Edited by kevsan

As kevsan said, it depends on your definition of good. We're a bit further down the road in Frankston, which I love. The one main thing I would watch out for in Carrum/Patterson Lakes is the smell of the sewerage works near the Eastlink freeway. It would pay to check the proximity of any property to this site, and perhaps visit a few times at different times of the day/week to check it out. Its not a problem all of the time by any means, but when it smells, it really smells. I drive to Carrum station every day to get the train to work, and some nights coming home I have to turn the air con off to avoid the smell coming into the car.

Otherwise there's an ok shopping centre on Thompsons Road, and many more shopping options in Frankston which is about 10-15 mins down the road. 

We have lived on the Bonbeach side of Patterson River for the past 9 years and have never noticed any bad smell from the waterworks. I have cycled around that area many times, Connie does her main shopping at Patterson Lakes , both Coles and Woolies are there. Doctors Surgeries that bulk bill. I don't think the waterworks should be an issue to not consider Patterson Lakes/Carrum as a place to live.  

Patterson River Golf Club is a terrific course, playable all year round, very close to the wetlands, lots of lakes pools etc on the course.

Easy access to the motorways, beaches, cycle paths and of course the railway. All in all a very good place to settle.

Mike

• Like 1

we lived in carrum for a month before settling in Seaford, and then buying in Langwarrin.

Never noticed any smell. It used to be fantastic getting up and going for a run along the river as the sun came up and getting to the beach! We still go to the river regularly and love it, just couldnt afford to buy there. - prices continue to go nuts which might restrict you (or not)

Oh, Shavans at the Patterson lakes shopping centre does a reasonable effort for a curry if thats your thing.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

We're living in Patterson Lakes just jow with family after emigrating 6 weeks ago. Its a beautiful place to live the lake is gorgeous to walk/run and is about a 45 min walk to carrum beach. However if your fairly young and like to eat out and have a few beers i would suggest Mordialloc be more your area, its around 15 dollars in an uber though ao wouldn't break the bank to go to Mordy for the night if you prefer to live Patto 

Jen xx

• 1 month later...

The plant at Carrum is not a water works its a sewerage plant and my late husband worked there for 30 years.   It does pong when the wind gets up at times and depends where you live around there.    Its a huge plant and takes all the sewerage for most of Melbourne below the Yarra River.  I found on the freeway sometimes the Gathercoles slaughter house smelt too of chlorine type smell.     I live on the Mornington Peninsula and that was fine for us as only a short run for my husband to get to work.   Patterson Lakes can be very windy before we moved to the Peninsula we lived in Edithvale and we found that it was quite windy as its very flat around there.