187 application October 2016

Ce22

Hi, 

just wondering if anyone has any further information that could help/advise me. 

I applied for a 187 visa October 2016, uploaded all my documents within a week, medical, police check, ID qualification Certificates etc. 

i have literally had no further contact from immigration except for the day I applied and paid I was sent a bridging visa approval. 

Should I be concerned? As I'm beginning to think my file my not have even been opened yet, or they are waiting on something I am unaware of? Or is this pretty standard and I'm worrying over nothing? 

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks Maggie, I phoned immigration yesterday and asked if I had missed any correspondence from them and they confirmed no correspondence has been sent from them since October. I then felt brave and asked if I had been allocated a case officer but unfortunately I couldn't get a yes or a no on that one, just that they would be in touch if they needed anything. 

Really is a very long frustrating waiting game but hopefully it's worth it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Myself and my partner are in exactly the same situation. Applied October 2016, still nothing. I think it's pretty normal, or so my agent tells me. Getting a bit frustrated but really is nothing we can do! Just keep telling myself that at least if it's a no I'm getting a little bit longer in Oz the longer they take! [emoji23] Good luck!!

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using PomsinOz mobile app

Hi, 

we applied for our 187 visa on the 31st oct2016 also and still waiting. They asked for further documents in March which we submitted then we have heard nothing since... sooo frustrated especially as I have now moved over here and my partner can't join me until the visa is accepted. 

I read on the immigration website that processing times for this visa are now 12-14 months??

fingers crossed we all hear soon!!

Sam

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sam, 

i feel your pain on the frustration side ?. 

Now over 9 months for me and still nothing. Last I read on immigration was that processing was 10-12 months but I'm not sure if that means for people who are applying now as when we both would have applied the process time was 8-10 months? 

I hope the wait is not too much longer as it's now already looking like 3 years instead of two in the outback for me. 

Also I believe Medicals are only valid for 12 months? 

Fingers crossed for you 

• 1 month later...

11 months today and still waiting ?

Has anyone passed the 12 month waiting mark? As I hear you then have to re do medical and police checks? 

Seems a little unfair as they ask you to have everything uploaded just for it to expire or am I missing something? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2017 at 18:02, SianChloe said:

Myself and my partner are in exactly the same situation. Applied October 2016, still nothing. I think it's pretty normal, or so my agent tells me. Getting a bit frustrated but really is nothing we can do! Just keep telling myself that at least if it's a no I'm getting a little bit longer in Oz the longer they take! emoji23.png Good luck!!

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using PomsinOz mobile app

Any update yet?