Buying used car from dealers in Brisbane

davlap

Hi

We are moving to Brisbane and have two old cars.

Can't sell in Melbourne and we need rwc in QLD within two weeks due to rego requirement according to:

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/transfer/interstate/index.html

"If you move to Queensland from another state or territory, you must get Queensland registration and a Queensland driver licence. You have 14 days to register your vehicle in Queensland and may be fined if you don’t."

so we may drive up and try to px within a couple of weeks. Anybody know of any decent dealers where this might be possible.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, calNgary said:

Do you mean, old ,as in classic cars, which means your looking for a higher class dealer... or have i read that completely wrong? lol

Cal x

Unfortunately I mean old as in c**p (not that bad)

We wanted a new car anyway and it seems pointless to drive north and have to get re-registered.

Trade in here was a joke and we get another car that needs rwc for rego even if we just got it done

Dodge Caliber 2006

Toyota Camry 2001 

If anybody is interested

Edited by davlap
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, calNgary said:

Ipswich road at Moorooka has lots of car dealerships spread along it,, it is known as the magic mile. 

Gympie Road in Brisbane also as quite a few.

Cal x

Perfect, not my usual kind of place (aka car city Ringwood), but could be the place to go

Will check it out, thanks

7 hours ago, Parley said:

Why would Queensland car dealers pay more for cars than Melbourne car dealers ?

Thanks for the helpful post.

When did i say that? The point is that even if we trade in Melb, get a 'new' car we have to drive up and get new rwc and rego  within 2 weeks. So no use, might as well get ripped off in Brisbane, trade in and no need to do anything else. Or sell private if we can

Edited by davlap