We need lots of information

Ozziedan1984

Hey Guys we are a family of 4 looking to emigrate to Sydney due to my husband being a railway signalling engineer and the fantastic lifestyle this will be for our children 9 and 14.

however need to collect as much information based around Sydney to collate a case to present in court!

below is all the information we are going to need and would really appreciate all of your help or contacts that have been in the same position as us.

please read the attached pictures and please do comment with the relevant organisations/companies that could help speed up this process!

Many thanks for your time and input

Team L 

IMG_0323.PNG

IMG_0324.PNG

IMG_0325.PNG

Hello and welcome.

I've moved this to aus chat as it's better suited.

If you have a pending court case for migrating to Aus you may prefer to not use what appears to be your name. 

6 minutes ago, DeeTowers said:

Court? Why do you need to present the case in court?

My assumption is that the OP's husband is not the father of at least one of the children, the real father is probably objecting to the proposed move to Australia hence the need to convince a court of the perceived advantages of migrating to Sydney. :/

OP! I think the person who questioned the court aspect simply did not realise the possible reason and was probably confused re needing to go to court for a visa. They were not intending to be rude or pry I don't think. 

You are asking for a great deal of information and Sydney is vast and can be very expensive. Much will depend on your budget as to what areas would be affordable to you and therefore the facilities available within those areas. 

Schooling wise, this is a good place to start 

https://www.myschool.edu.au/

Keep in mind schools may well all be zoned in which case you would need to be residing in the zone to be ensured of a place. You cannot enrol from overseas I don't think. Living outside a zone might mean no place at the school. Enrolment discussion would be direct with the school. 

Idea of school zone areas here http://www.schoolcatchment.com.au/?page_id=36

In terms of how a job pays compared to the UK equivalent, I don't know anyone can tell you that with any certainty. 

Things like crime reports, you are best searching for those once you narrow down areas. Same for things like gymnastics, narrow down an area and then focus on researching that in more detail. 

Much of the other general info you may well be better to search for yourself to begin with and get an understanding of and then come back and ask when you can be a bit more specific having narrowed things down or understood a little more. Migration means lots of research and reading and tbh, while we can give you some pointers and short cuts, much of what you are asking in general terms (ie your interests and persuits) you can find yourself. 

If you want good schools, a beach lifestyle and ready access to the CBD for museums , concerts etc then suburbs which would be a 30 to 45 minute commute would cost a minimum of 2 million dollars for a 4 bed house.  That's  over 1 million pounds. A nice house in a beachside suburb could easily cost you 3 million dollars. Sydney is the 2nd most expensive city in the world for real estate.

Of course you can get cheaper  properties further out but you would be looking at over an hour to the centre and inland.

16 minutes ago, snifter said:

OP! I think the person who questioned the court aspect simply did not realise the possible reason and was probably confused re needing to go to court for a visa. They were not intending to be rude or pry I don't think. 

You are asking for a great deal of information and Sydney is vast and can be very expensive. Much will depend on your budget as to what areas would be affordable to you and therefore the facilities available within those areas. 

Schooling wise, this is a good place to start 

https://www.myschool.edu.au/

Keep in mind schools may well all be zoned in which case you would need to be residing in the zone to be ensured of a place. You cannot enrol from overseas I don't think. Living outside a zone might mean no place at the school. Enrolment discussion would be direct with the school. 

Idea of school zone areas here http://www.schoolcatchment.com.au/?page_id=36

In terms of how a job pays compared to the UK equivalent, I don't know anyone can tell you that with any certainty. 

Things like crime reports, you are best searching for those once you narrow down areas. Same for things like gymnastics, narrow down an area and then focus on researching that in more detail. 

Much of the other general info you may well be better to search for yourself to begin with and get an understanding of and then come back and ask when you can be a bit more specific having narrowed things down or understood a little more. Migration means lots of research and reading and tbh, while we can give you some pointers and short cuts, much of what you are asking in general terms (ie your interests and persuits) you can find yourself. 

Thanks @snifter, yes exactly why I was asking and also to make sure I give advice that is relevant. 

I guest what the OP really needs to find out first is whether they qualify for a visa and if so which one as all the other info being requested is irrelevant otherwise.

Edited by DeeTowers
Typo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeeTowers said:

Thanks @snifter, yes exactly why I was asking and also to make sure I give advise that is relevant. 

I guest what the OP really needs to find out first is whether they qualify for a visa and if so which one as all the other info being requested is irrelevant otherwise.

No problem :) 

Visa would be important for sure as studying and many other things could be costly without PR. I went out from the OP is underway in the visa process to be asking for all this info but given the costs of studying and so on, visa type could be a key aspect for people to begin to know how best to reply. 

8 minutes ago, snifter said:

No problem :) 

Visa would be important for sure as studying and many other things could be costly without PR. I went out from the OP is underway in the visa process to be asking for all this info but given the costs of studying and so on, visa type could be a key aspect for people to begin to know how best to reply. 

So @Kerri Lawrence, have you looked to see if your husbands occupation is on the long term or short term lists? If not check the link below for more information - I can't see that it is but it may fall under something else - this is your first step before anything else. 

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-?modal=/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

The visa is the first thing to concentrate on as until you know you qualify for a visa, the rest is pointless.

Start with the skills list and see if his occupation is on it and if so, which list. Then, check out the requirement for a skills assessment or his occupation and ensure that he can meet all the requirements, then calculate points and make sure he can score enough. Then, the other criteria such as health, charcter and age.

Only once you know you satisfy all the requirements, is it worth looking at the rest.

• Like 1