New Sub Section of Forum

Just an idea, but with a lot of posting current news in Aus and the UK and elsewhere in the world, I was wondering if there should be a section called 'news, politics and current affairs' or something to that effect? And then we can make the threads we like regarding terrorist attacks, elections or just general news without filling up the UK chat or Aussie chat sections?

:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritChickx said:

Just an idea, but with a lot of posting current news in Aus and the UK and elsewhere in the world, I was wondering if there should be a section called 'news, politics and current affairs' or something to that effect? And then we can make the threads we like regarding terrorist attacks, elections or just general news without filling up the UK chat or Aussie chat sections?

:D

It's currently under discussion as to what to use the two chat sections for, as their usage doesn't always match the forum descriptions at the moment. Please bear with us while we work through the forum categories. There's no ulterior motive here, we're just trying to establish what works best, we don't want to have to make changes, only to have to change them again a few weeks/months down the line.

• Like 2

Just to add, please don't give the mods any grief about threads being in the wrong place at the moment, a lot of this is my fault. When I changed the forum software, I think I changed what was MBTTUK to 'UK chat' but didn't give any consideration to the forum description, hence it still reads

2017-06-04_18-48-21.png

A few weeks later, forgetting what I'd done, I then moved quite a few threads from UK chat as they didn't fit the forum description. Having been made aware of what has happened, this has prompted a discussion as to the best usage of UK chat (and to a lesser extent, Aussie chat). It could be used as the description says, to discuss moving back to the UK. It could be used to discuss moving back to the UK and to discuss news which will have an impact on people moving back to the UK - such as exchange rate, employment/jobs, health, housing, education etc etc or thirdly, it could be used to discuss the move back and ALL UK news.

For personal reasons, it may be a few days before we work things out, so please, as already mentioned, above, please don't give the mods any grief about where threads are located at the moment, they can always be moved at a later date if need be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritChickx said:

No grief here?!! Was just a suggestion?! ?

Sorry, should have made it clear, that wasn't aimed at you. I've had to deal with a couple of issues about uk chat behind the scenes so it's just a general appeal to the members. 

• Like 1