Nursing visa 189 - degree?

Suppose I am filing a 189 VISA from offshore or outside Australia and if the grant is getting late , can I come in a business VISA and look for a job and also will I get bridging VISA if my business VISA gets expired while staying in Australia?

Can two VISAS be processed simultaneously? Suppose if I get a job in Australia on a 457 VISA , would it be also processed simultaneously with already 189 VISA submitted earlier ?

18 hours ago, abin.thayyil said:

Suppose I am filing a 189 VISA from offshore or outside Australia and if the grant is getting late , can I come in a business VISA and look for a job and also will I get bridging VISA if my business VISA gets expired while staying in Australia?

Can two VISAS be processed simultaneously? Suppose if I get a job in Australia on a 457 VISA , would it be also processed simultaneously with already 189 VISA submitted earlier ?

I'm not sure which business visa you're thinking of but I would think you'd be better off on a visitor visa (600 visa for business visit).  You would not be eligible for a bridging visa as these are only issued when you lodge a valid visa application while you are already in Australia, and you've said you would lodge your 189 offshore.  The 189 would probably be processed far more quickly than you could find a sponsor and have a 457 lodged and finalised.  If the 189 was finalised while you were in Australia on the visitor visa, the 189 would simply replace the visitor visa and you could then remain indefinitely.

If you are unsure of the best approach, speaking with a registered migration agent may be good to develop a strategy.

I'm not sure which business visa you're thinking of but I would think you'd be better off on a visitor visa (600 visa for business visit).  You would not be eligible for a bridging visa as these are only issued when you lodge a valid visa application while you are already in Australia, and you've said you would lodge your 189 offshore.  The 189 would probably be processed far more quickly than you could find a sponsor and have a 457 lodged and finalised.  If the 189 was finalised while you were in Australia on the visitor visa, the 189 would simply replace the visitor visa and you could then remain indefinitely.
If you are unsure of the best approach, speaking with a registered migration agent may be good to develop a strategy.
Thank you Maggie

On 26/11/2017 at 18:39, abin.thayyil said:

Will the VISA grant for nurse take more than couple of months after VISA lodgement???

Depends on your application i.e. Are you bringing dependants, partner, any work experience claims may need verification etc.

My application took 6 weeks for a single applicant, no dependants, no work experience claims

• 3 weeks later...