Taking mud to Australia

cfsuarc

Not trying to be funny, but seeing as you cannot take muddy boots or anything dirty UK -> Oz, can you take actual mud? ;)

We have some Dead Sea goodies still awaiting their glory day, including sea salt and mud, all sealed brand new. Is it just a plain cosmetics product that I assume will be OK, or does it classify as something more edgy, even though sealed..

• 3 weeks later...

if you really wanted to take the risk put it in with your toiletries and cosmetics. they don't look at every box and its not even looked at a customs depot at the port , its all done whoever does the move in australia, they have to look at 20% of the boxes mainly picking out 'shoes' 'tools' marked ones, and in my experience they didn't even take anything out just opened up the boxes looked at the top items and taped it back up again. my guess is that this has been treated and it would be allowed. i spoke to the people that do this in australia and the stuff that i threw away would have been fine.

4 hours ago, 99redballs said:

if you really wanted to take the risk put it in with your toiletries and cosmetics. they don't look at every box and its not even looked at a customs depot at the port , its all done whoever does the move in australia, they have to look at 20% of the boxes mainly picking out 'shoes' 'tools' marked ones, and in my experience they didn't even take anything out just opened up the boxes looked at the top items and taped it back up again. my guess is that this has been treated and it would be allowed. i spoke to the people that do this in australia and the stuff that i threw away would have been fine.

Some boxes do get emptied and checked, every item checked. And if they find something which is prohibited they either charge you for treating it before allowing it in, or they charge you for having it destroyed