A better alternative...maybe?

trendsetters hoping to get their hands on the newest smartphone on the market are often forced to splash out more than $1000 and sign their name in blood on a binding contract.

But a sleek new phone design launched by Australian electronics company Kogan will only set phone users back $199.

Complete with a very similar shape to that of an expensive iPhone or Samsung, Kogan's flagship smartphone also has a glass screen, fingerprint technology, rear and front camera and extra storage of up to 128gb.

The $199 Kogan Agora 8 smartphone is designed in a very similar fashion to an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy 

Me i will stick with my cracked screen S5 works and does what i need for now, but the price is appealing.

8 minutes ago, newjez said:

Smart phones are fashion. My freebie does everything I need. My son has a huawei that does what the big brands do at a fraction of the cost. That phone looked like a hauwei.

I used to have a huawei good phone left it on the train never seen again lol.

17 minutes ago, Sunset said:

I used to have a huawei good phone left it on the train never seen again lol.

Huawei are the Chinese company who are not permitted to enter the US or UK telecom market owing to fears over Chinese state interference in internet and phone traffic.  Needless to say the Australian government welcomed them with open arms not only into the phone network, but also online - they sell routers here as well...

3 minutes ago, akiralx said:

Huawei are the Chinese company who are not permitted to enter the US or UK telecom market owing to fears over Chinese state interference in internet and phone traffic.  Needless to say the Australian government welcomed them with open arms not only into the phone network, but also online - they sell routers here as well...

I know mate?

12 minutes ago, akiralx said:

You can buy them in the UK.

47 minutes ago, Sunset said:

trendsetters hoping to get their hands on the newest smartphone on the market are often forced to splash out more than $1000 and sign their name in blood on a binding contract.

I just pay $30 per month in ink - less than the price of one meal out per month - and get the latest handset...

2 minutes ago, akiralx said:

I just pay $30 per month in ink - less than the price of one meal out per month - and get the latest handset...

How so?

• 1 month later...
On 31/05/2017 at 04:54, newjez said:

You can buy them in the UK.

IIRC it was the actual telecom companies and network that wasn't allowed to install Huawai equipment and also government employees? But this was an article I read a while ago suggesting that some of the equipment had been designed with the ability for backdoor access by the manufacturer.