farm work 'Working Day' classification

widget12

Hi,

I am currently doing my second year visa farm work but I have a questions

On my payslip it only gives the hours I have worked for the two weeks they pay me, not the days. I am doing 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week with 2 days off. Some days at the start I was only doing around 4 hours until the work picked up but my boss said he signs me off 7 days from the day I started work.

My question is what classifies as a day of work? would me working 4 hours a day still count as work and therefore if I work 12 (I know technically 12 doesn't count as 1 and a half days) and it only shows hours on my payslip could I still count I've worked 7 days when I started out when I was only doing 4 hours due to the accumulated hours?

Kind Regards

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2017 at 09:46, Majid shsam said:

Any farmer visa are available please update me thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Are you eligible for a working holiday visa from your country? Or are you wanting a different kind of visa. You keep posting but we seem no nearer to working out what exactly you are hoping for. 

You usually need a WHV and to be in Australia before you can apply for jobs on this visa. Do you hold a WHV yet or not? 

On 21/05/2017 at 11:15, widget12 said:

Hi,

I am currently doing my second year visa farm work but I have a questions

On my payslip it only gives the hours I have worked for the two weeks they pay me, not the days. I am doing 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week with 2 days off. Some days at the start I was only doing around 4 hours until the work picked up but my boss said he signs me off 7 days from the day I started work.

My question is what classifies as a day of work? would me working 4 hours a day still count as work and therefore if I work 12 (I know technically 12 doesn't count as 1 and a half days) and it only shows hours on my payslip could I still count I've worked 7 days when I started out when I was only doing 4 hours due to the accumulated hours?

Kind Regards

It doesn't matter how many days you work. It's how many hours and more importantly, are you getting paid for the number of hours that you work? I am supposed to be working five days a week, 5pm to 10pm, i.e. 25 hours per week, but in March I was only doing 2 shifts a week, and in April May 3 shifts a week and each pay period I can see the number of hours x my hourly pay rate. It's your responsiblity to check you are being paid for the number of hours you are working.

I started work on the 23rd of March and I will finish on the 23rd of June. If I have pay slips from these two dates totalling three calendar months does it not matter how many hours I have worked in-between that period as long as I have been regularly working and getting paid from the same company for three months?

That was how it worked when I did my WHV farm work in Tully in 2005 but I have no idea if the same rules apply.   Sorry not very helpful.   From memory there was a helpline attached to the website we got our job through, but again I can't remember the name..... Mr Google might help you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2017 at 10:48, Majid shsam said:

Hi there,
Good day still available farm worker Visa please let me know
Thanks,
Majid.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

@Majid shsam there have been several replies to your posts already - you are not eligible for a Working Holiday Visa (417 or 462) since your country is not eligible.  So you need to look at other visa categories.  You will need to do a lot of your own research about this, or you may be better to speak with a migration agent for their professional assistance.