On the precipice!

On 19/05/2017 at 21:56, MaggieMay24 said:

The employer can ask the employee to pay the nomination fees for the permanent visa.  The form is related to situations where the employer asks the employee to pay them (employer) in exchange for being sponsored.  For example, it's not allowed for the employer to charge the employee $10,000 in order to be sponsored.

Thanks for this - I did not know that the employer could ask the employer to pay for the nomination fees!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BadgerLady said:

Oh and I've also been invited to an in-person interview in Finland, so the timing is all working out perfectly :-)

Thanks everyone for following along and helping to keep me sane!

Congrats ☺.  Aus or Finland?  Most people would have a definite preference which one they would prefer to live in  but then you are not most people!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ScottieGirl said:

Congrats ☺.  Aus or Finland?  Most people would have a definite preference which one they would prefer to live in  but then you are not most people!

Haha, no idea! 

Finland has genuine gender equality, the best social care and a trustworthy, virtually crime-free community. Helsinki homes have their own private saunas (to the same degree that Australian ones have laundries) and the cost of living for a vegetarian is much more manageable than that in Sydney.

As a part of the EU, it's a chance for a Brit to retain freedom of movement across Europe by gaining dual citizenship in 5 years. 

It also has winters where the temperature plummets to -30°c, with only 6 hours of daylight per day.

Guess I'll just suck it and see!

2 hours ago, BadgerLady said:

Haha, no idea! 

Finland has genuine gender equality, the best social care and a trustworthy, virtually crime-free community. Helsinki homes have their own private saunas (to the same degree that Australian ones have laundries) and the cost of living for a vegetarian is much more manageable than that in Sydney.

As a part of the EU, it's a chance for a Brit to retain freedom of movement across Europe by gaining dual citizenship in 5 years. 

It also has winters where the temperature plummets to -30°c, with only 6 hours of daylight per day.

Guess I'll just suck it and see!

Yeah I know about Finnish saunas and winters. I have a Finnish mate and one   year I decided to  visit her in December. First night we went for a drink which involved 10 mins of donning  thermals, gloves, etc to the point where I questioned whether I had an alcohol problem.   Second night we went to her family home and had a sauna,  butt naked of course, and after a couple of minutes the family cat strolled in and joined us. I must have looked horrified as she said " don't worry he won't tell" !

• Like 1