187 visa leave employer

Hi, 
I am currently on 187 Visa. I worked as a cook since PR granted for 8 months. I left work due to medical issue, stress related. I had medical certificate from doctor said for me to leave work due to medical condition until I get better. Employer has no issue with me leaving. 
Wonder if I will get in any issue with the immigration officer later on because i leave work before 2 years requirement with sponsored employer.

Any previous experience with this case will be appreciated. 

Cheers

Hi, 
I am currently on 187 Visa. I worked as a cook since PR granted for 8 months. I left work due to medical issue, stress related. I had medical certificate from doctor said for me to leave work due to medical condition until I get better. Employer has no issue with me leaving. 
Wonder if I will get in any issue with the immigration officer later on because i leave work before 2 years requirement with sponsored employer.
Cheers

Hope you get well soon.
I will suggest you should take a leave letter from your employer. Which state that due to medical issues you are unable to work at the moment. And will join back as you will be out of that issue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As far as I know, there is no obligation to stay with your employer for 2 years. That just a commitment (not a legal requirement). So, if your employer agrees with you on your leaving, I don't think there will be any problems.

One of my colleague left my company as soon as 2 weeks after he's got his 187 Visa...

On 4/28/2017 at 4:41 PM, hai nguyen said:

Hi, 

Cheers

You need to be careful as your have an obligation to remain with your employer for 2 years. Make sure that your leave due to illness is noted and documented on your staff file.

On 5/2/2017 at 11:15 AM, David Ng said:

As far as I know, there is no obligation to stay with your employer for 2 years. That just a commitment (not a legal requirement). So, if your employer agrees with you on your leaving, I don't think there will be any problems.

One of my colleague left my company as soon as 2 weeks after he's got his 187 Visa...

This is not correct. The subclass 187 has a condition to remain with the employer for two years. The visa can be cancelled if this obligation is not met.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

You need to be careful as your have an obligation to remain with your employer for 2 years. Make sure that your leave due to illness is noted and documented on your staff file.

This is not correct. The subclass 187 has a condition to remain with the employer for two years. The visa can be cancelled if this obligation is not met.

Your comment differed vastly from what I have been collected and experienced so far, but it looked like you were correct. Below are 2 sentences extracted from https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/187-#tab-content-2, under Obligations.

We might also seek to cancel this visa if you begin employment but do not remain in the position for the full two years.

If this happens, you will have a chance to explain, in writing, why your visa should not be cancelled.

You will get into situations which you'll need to justify your leave when your employer fires complaints with DIBP, I don't think DIBP has enough resources to check up you and your employer periodically for 2 years after you've got your Visa...

2 minutes ago, David Ng said:

Your comment differed vastly from what I have been collected and experienced so far, but it looked like you were correct. Below are 2 sentences extracted from https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/187-#tab-content-2, under Obligations.

You were most likely confusing the subclass 186 and 187 as the conditions are different.

• 3 months later...
On 09/05/2017 at 07:16, Raul Senise said:

Hi sir i got my permanent residency 5 months before so can i leave my employer giving 2 weeks notice if i got more offer salary from other employer and it doesn't match with my current employer paying me

On 8/14/2017 at 20:18, jaygrg50 said:

Hi sir i got my permanent residency 5 months before so can i leave my employer giving 2 weeks notice if i got more offer salary from other employer and it doesn't match with my current employer paying me

You can't simply resign if you found a better paying job.  The 187 requires you to stay with your employer for 2 years.  There can be exceptions in certain circumstances such as an abusive boss, working conditions not meeting FairWork legislation, etc.

• 5 months later...

Hi There,

I got my residency(187) approved April last year. But i am working with my current employer since last 3.5 years.

Recently our company  lost some major contracts and the business has taken a hit.

My boss has told me that he can no longer provided me full time employment. He is happy for me to join some where else.

My question is if i leave my present job and work with another company will that affect my visa as i have not completed the two years?

• 1 month later...
On 07/02/2018 at 19:31, prnov16 said:

Hi There,

I got my residency(187) approved April last year. But i am working with my current employer since last 3.5 years.

Recently our company  lost some major contracts and the business has taken a hit.

My boss has told me that he can no longer provided me full time employment. He is happy for me to join some where else.

My question is if i leave my present job and work with another company will that affect my visa as i have not completed the two years?

My 187 visa got approved last March 2017 and Ive been working in the farm since 2014 bit last 5 months been off work due to elbow injury and Im in workcover and next week is my surgery but Im contemplating to resign as well because my elbow is not good and my neck is also flaring up which maybe connected to the elbow. My concern is the Immigration as well if I leave my employer early. I hope someone can answer me. Very much appreciated. Thank you

• 10 months later...

I just read a news in this morning that “ a boy applied his citizenship and immigration refused it and cancelled his PR because they found he is not living and working with employer and designated area. So, the point is if you think immigration will not find out if your employer will not complaint then that is just rumour. When you will apply your citizenship they will check where you living and what you doing from their sources

2 hours ago, naviozz said:

I just read a news in this morning that “ a boy applied his citizenship and immigration refused it and cancelled his PR because they found he is not living and working with employer and designated area. So, the point is if you think immigration will not find out if your employer will not complaint then that is just rumour. When you will apply your citizenship they will check where you living and what you doing from their sources

he doesn't have PR yet. He had 489 (TR), then he applied 887 (PR) and got refused because of that reason.

• 8 months later...