Donna's leaving on a jet plane!!!

nikci

To Donna,Dave and family,

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck for tomorrow. For those of you fellow PIOers donna,dave and the family are leaving tomorrow for their new life Down Under!Can't wait to hear from you from the "other side" !

Lots of luck and best wishes,

Nikci and family :cry: but :v_SPIN:!

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Donna & Dave & Kids,

Wishing you a safe flight over and a wonderful new life down under.....

And don't forget, keep us posted..................

Good luck and best wishes

KP Nuts

Guest Rickard Family

Good luck Donna,Dave and family!!!!

Have a safe journey and enjoy your new life down under!!!!!

All the best

Lou.

DONNA AND DAVE .... HOPE ITS ALL YOU WISHED FOR AND MORE !!!

LET US KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE SETTLED {AND WHERE ] LOL .... AS WE WILL BE ROUND FOR BARBIE ... HAVE A SAFE FLIGHT AND TALK TO YOU SOON

JULIE AND NEIL x

i have butterflies just thinking about you - very best of luck!!!!!!!

keep us posted - when you get the chance!

Guest Steve&Mandy

Yes very best of luck with it all Donna,Dave and kids. Hope you have a safe and steady flight and get your butt back on here as soon as you can to give us all the goss of whats happening down under. Speak soon

Steve

Guest brit_Lad_17

Well done and hope you have a very enjoyable flight and sure you will be the envy of many on here wishing it was them on that flight well good luck in your new life down under :notworthy:

Guest dave&donna

Thanks so much for all your well wishes you lovely people. And a big hug for Nik (you polished your pole ready yet)??

Yes we're here .......................................... still feesl so surreal but we're slowly getting over the shock.

The flight was loooooooooooooooong but all good and Emirates were very good. We were stung with a bill of 371 quid before we set off though for excess baggage - we were told by Emirates when we rang that we couldn't get over the 20kg baggage for temp 457 visa but they would allow 20 to 23 kgs without charging and it would be 22 quid for each extra kg but when we got there emirates said they had changed that a few weeks ago and now everything over 20kg was 35 quid or something!!!!!!! We were not very impressed but had to pay it anyway but it was bloody annoying when we had carefully weighed each case and hand luggage and thought we would have to pay for a few kilos only.

Anyway no problems at the other side luckily we got straight through perth customs. Not very impressed with Dubai - it was soooo busy with people sleeping all over the airport floor and it was hot - 31 degrees at 2 in the morning but it was a new bright big building but just tooooooo frantic for me. When we got to perth it was all calm and much better - think I'm half western aussie already chilling !!!!

We walked out of the airport and although it had just gone dark it was beautiful - palm trees all around and clean!!!! It started to rain a bit but just light and it was so warm still.

So after getting up at 5am and being sick !!! I think I'm feeling better from the jet lag but it is impossible to sleep on the plane so I didn't realise how much it affects you and what a complete zombie I would feel!!!

We were driven around for a few hours today from the lovely man at Emi-Great (can't praise them enough for their fab service) and we're beginning to find our feet a bit :biglaugh:

It's going to be hard to choose an area to live after this rental finishes in 6 weeks because all the areas look so lovely - the roads and pavements are wide and clean and lined with palm trees and although there is a fair bit of traffic on the roads it's not packed or frantic. We went to the beach at Rockingham and it was so quiet and I've never seen a more gorgeous crystal clear sea and lovely beach - I'm in love :jiggy:

We went into the centre of Mandurah too and think we liked there even more!!!

Well that's enough for now to whet your appetites but will keep you up to date on our adventure!!

Good luck to all those trying to get out here to the land of milk and honey!!!! keep filling those forms in because it's worth!!!!

Donna x

Thanks so much for all your well wishes you lovely people. And a big hug for Nik (you polished your pole ready yet)??

Yes we're here .......................................... still feesl so surreal but we're slowly getting over the shock.

The flight was loooooooooooooooong but all good and Emirates were very good. We were stung with a bill of 371 quid before we set off though for excess baggage - we were told by Emirates when we rang that we couldn't get over the 20kg baggage for temp 457 visa but they would allow 20 to 23 kgs without charging and it would be 22 quid for each extra kg but when we got there emirates said they had changed that a few weeks ago and now everything over 20kg was 35 quid or something!!!!!!! We were not very impressed but had to pay it anyway but it was bloody annoying when we had carefully weighed each case and hand luggage and thought we would have to pay for a few kilos only.

Anyway no problems at the other side luckily we got straight through perth customs. Not very impressed with Dubai - it was soooo busy with people sleeping all over the airport floor and it was hot - 31 degrees at 2 in the morning but it was a new bright big building but just tooooooo frantic for me. When we got to perth it was all calm and much better - think I'm half western aussie already chilling !!!!

We walked out of the airport and although it had just gone dark it was beautiful - palm trees all around and clean!!!! It started to rain a bit but just light and it was so warm still.

So after getting up at 5am and being sick !!! I think I'm feeling better from the jet lag but it is impossible to sleep on the plane so I didn't realise how much it affects you and what a complete zombie I would feel!!!

We were driven around for a few hours today from the lovely man at Emi-Great (can't praise them enough for their fab service) and we're beginning to find our feet a bit :biglaugh:

It's going to be hard to choose an area to live after this rental finishes in 6 weeks because all the areas look so lovely - the roads and pavements are wide and clean and lined with palm trees and although there is a fair bit of traffic on the roads it's not packed or frantic. We went to the beach at Rockingham and it was so quiet and I've never seen a more gorgeous crystal clear sea and lovely beach - I'm in love :jiggy:

We went into the centre of Mandurah too and think we liked there even more!!!

Well that's enough for now to whet your appetites but will keep you up to date on our adventure!!

Good luck to all those trying to get out here to the land of milk and honey!!!! keep filling those forms in because it's worth!!!!

Donna x

hi donna

glad to hear that you are all here in perth .

speak soon mate

scott

well CONGRATULATIONS once again - you have arrived!!

fantastic and lovely to hear an update from you so soon after arriving

best of luck finding where you want to live amongst everything else :smile:

Archived