Positive Skills Assesment, Wrong Dates

sbrowne9

Hey guys,

I'm pretty worried; I had my skills assessed as an Industrial Designer with VetAsses, and had a positive result, so went ahead and applied for my 186 DE visa. The application has been in with a month, and I was just looking over my VetAsses letter for another random reason and noticed that the dates on the positive skills assessment are wrong. I've looked at my application and all employment documents i supplied and all point to the correct dates, yet for some reason they've invented dates on the letter. Either they made a mistake in typing up the letter, or botched the whole application. 

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone, and what the outcome was, as really looking to sort this ASAP. What's the likelihood VetAsses will just admit the mistake and reissue a correct letter? 

Any reply would be massively appreciated

Hey Richard, thanks so much for the reply...the plot thickens...

So, I got a response stating that they took the dates from my employer Statement of Service which they have mistakenly written one year earlier....2014-2015 instead of 2015 - 2016....but then taken the end date from my payslips....all other documentation, including the application had the right dates...but it looks like they just picked that date from the statement of service and given me a year extra than I actually did....just goes to show that I could've asked my employer to write any dates on the statement of service and they would not have been checked....

Awaiting a response, and I'm split about what they'll say; either it was my mistake, and I will have to pay the whole application again or a review....OR, they actually didnt really do their job at all, didnt check any of my employment, and will amend it...

Hey guys, 

So...having spoken to a case manager at VetAssess, they have told me to fill out the SRG35 form, "Application for VETASSESS Advisory Letter for Points Test purposes" as a means of updating my outcome letter with the correct experience. I'm just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience? And also, will this give me a whole new Skills assessment like my original which can be used as an updated version for a 186 application, or will the outcome letter just have points test ONLY and not the "Skills Assessment outcome: Positive"??

I'm starting to doubt what the case officer has told me to do as on the small text of the SRG35 form under the 'do not use this form if:' sections it states '• you are applying to migrate under the Employer Nomination Scheme'....needless to say its really got me worried...

...potentially another $400 dollars down the drain...

@Richard Gregan do you have any experience in this???? any response would be much appreciated! 

I will also update with any outcome for future reference, although I hope nobody else has to go through this due a mistake on an employers reference!!